SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#85010 - 03/12/05 03:42 PM Huhu...Shboom!!!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
I invite you to follow the promised link...
May you have the same happiness with it like I had with yours!

Transmission broken...
------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 03-12-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-06-2005).]

#85011 - 03/12/05 03:53 PM Re: Huhu...Shboom!!!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
very nice! are you playing all the parts? Using guitar and what synth? Arranger or not? Drums Live or not?

Shboom
loved your accapella demo can't wait to hear some of the others. Your bands site was great also. You guys must be very busy.

#85012 - 03/12/05 06:13 PM Re: Huhu...Shboom!!!
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
very nice! are you playing all the parts? Using guitar and what synth? Arranger or not? Drums Live or not?

I played the whole song with one guitar and one effect as one track. I call this a live-track. No doubled guitar line - no different effects or volumes. I've used for it a 'Gibson Les Paul Studio' with a 'Line 6 Pod'.

The 'band' were a 'Kurzweil K2000R', 'Yamaha V-50' and an 'Atari Falcon 030' with 'Steinberg's Cubase Audio'. The studio effects were a 'Behringer Tube Composer' and an 'Alesis Quadraverb 2'.

Last but not least a really helping hand was the owner of this studio 'Volker Mala' who was the competent programmer and mixing engineer. He made possible all my recordings of the last 12 years.

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 03-12-2005).]

#85013 - 03/12/05 08:44 PM Re: Huhu...Shboom!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Brilliant! I really enjoyed it!

Let us know when more is available for downloading!!!

Phil

#85014 - 03/14/05 11:51 AM Re: Huhu...Shboom!!!
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
I've been fighting a flu for the past couple of days, actually, I'm still battling with it, but I needed a change from hacking and trying to clear my head.

Nice job....
Very Haunting. And when the guitar takes flight, around 1:15, the entire mood of the piece changed....but didn't change (if that makes any sense). I really enjoyed it. Great guitar work, ain't delay wonderful?
...Looking forward to hearing more.
Take care....
Me...I'm going back to bed.

------------------
...shboom

#85015 - 03/14/05 03:11 PM Re: Huhu...Shboom!!!
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by shboom:I've been fighting a flu for the past couple of days, actually, I'm still battling with it, but I needed a change from hacking and trying to clear my head.

About two weeks ago I had a flu too. Nevertheless I worked on computers as long as I could because I can't lie in bed more than 10 hours before my back hurts. So I sat on my computer table each day.

I tell you what has helped me:
1. I took a hot bath with melissa (not my wife but the herbs)
2. I eated noodles with hash sauce made of pure cow meat (without being hungry)
- I've transpired the whole night long

As I reached the point when I couldn't take breath through my nose then the following torture was a helping methode:
1. I creamed my forehead with menthol oil (you can take JHP for it) and then a circle around the eyes and the nose for the sinuses
2. I droped a little bit of menthol oil in my nostrils and suspired it deep in my nose (I guess this kicks more than cocain or anything like that *lol*)

Quote:
Originally posted by shboom:...Great guitar work, ain't delay wonderful?

Yes, it is!!!
I' ve made it on my last track too - the biggest delays which I could take the responsibility. And I WILL do it on some other tracks for example 'Lost In Space'.
But there are other tracks with stronger and faster rhythm's working therefore I had and have to reduce the delays which results into a dryer guitar sound.

And thank you for enjoying the track 'Kolonist'!!! I was afraid of the mp3's sound quality because the recording has very strong amplitudes and sweeping delays which will often lead into a hissing in higher frequencies. I guess my music is too hot for mp3...*lol*...
Get well soon, Shboom!!! If I had have your rock-a-pella a few weeks earlier then I had have more enjoyment while I've quarreled with my little flu.

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online