SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#84509 - 12/23/05 09:53 AM Salary advise
KN_Fan Offline

Hi all-

I would like to know your thoughts about salary raise- I am trying to prepare my case for the upcoming annual evaluation and I have the following questions/situation:

1. Numbers (sales, margin, etc) show that I am at least meeting the target, if not exceeding (by at least 10-20%)on some of them.
2. I am adding values and efficiency by originated some reports that are previously non-existent.

Is it wise for me to include excerpts from the website like salary.com to make my case?

Such as "Let's assume for a moment that your performance is at exactly the midpoint of what is expected for someone in your job. You have shown your employer an average proficiency and average performance. You should expect to earn the approximate median for the job. "

Also- can I just use the median salary as the bench mark or is it ok to give a range (from sligthly lower than median salary to about 10% more than median).

I can say that what I am earning now is in the lower percentile (20%) and let's just say I am shooting for the median- this just means I will be getting a little under 12% raise. I won't disclose the amount publicly here of course, but I can assure you I am not one of those computer guys making 50-70K/year so as you can see even with my 12% increase it won't put a dent in my company's wallet.

Any comments/wisdom from anybody here?

If you would like to respond via email kindly let me know also or PM me.

Thanks
KN_Fan

#84510 - 12/26/05 08:16 AM Re: Salary advise
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
GOOD LUCK!
If you've bee on the job a while, are meeting or exceeding job requirements and the company has a published salary range, looks like an increase will be part of the evaluation process. Are you on commission? It's sometimes harder to negotiate a raise in base if that's the case, because management thinks that "pay for performance" is the way employees get earned increases.

I would wait during the review process to see if management automatically offers an increase.

Hang in there!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 12-26-2005).]

#84511 - 12/26/05 10:58 AM Re: Salary advise
KN_Fan Offline

Thanks for your reply Captain Russ!

In a couple months I would be in this position for a year (and in my job offer it was indicated that I will be eligible for promotion/review on my one year anniv). Nope I am not on commission.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online