SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8364 - 06/09/03 07:47 AM Re: Don't let this happen too you.
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I couldn't even imagine trying to deal with someone in Russia as far as buying something .

#8365 - 06/09/03 08:19 AM Re: Don't let this happen too you.
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Ouch Paul....My sympathies...
That's why I don't trust ebay. I guess we all learn from these kind of lessons.

#8366 - 06/09/03 08:48 AM Re: Don't let this happen too you.
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is NOT Ebay's fault, and I am not blameing them. Ebay is a thrid party member, you are not buying directly from them, but from someone who happens to be selling on ebay. I have been buying and selling through ebay since 1999 and have never had a problem. The problem lies with the seller not Ebay. I also want to make this very clear, to everyone here. This was a cancled ebay auction that was canceled by the seller not ebay. The transaction took place outside the confines of ebay. Had it been done inside the confines I could have done something about this by contacting ebay and they would have handled it.

The Fault was entirely mine and not Ebay's, so you can not say you don't trust ebay when they are not even involved. Ebay is working very hard to try and control Fraud as best they can but the buyers and sellers need to put in more effort in helping ebay too fight fruad and keep people from being ripped off.

I never had a problem buying something through ebay until I went out side of ebay's confines. That's how I got ripped off. Ebay had nothing to do with it so they are not at fault and I am not holding them responseable. This was all my own doing and I am the one too blame not ebay. So saying you don't tust ebay is not fair to ebay. There are a lot of worse online auctions out there then ebay. I feel safer working with ebay, becuse if I have a problem they can help me out.

#8367 - 06/09/03 10:13 AM Re: Don't let this happen too you.
MRT1212 Offline

Loc: Foster City
i love ebay. ive bought a keyboard a drum machine and sold a keyboard and a drum machine. i think ebay is alright cause i have heard the horror stories but its been very good to me so far.

#8368 - 06/09/03 12:38 PM Re: Don't let this happen too you.
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
My Faux Pax:
When I said I don't trust ebay, what I should have said was there are a lot of unscupulous individuals using ebay. Like you said, the fault was not with ebay, it was with the individual using it for devious purposes.
I stand corrected, but I reitterate, I won't use ebay just because of experiences such as yours.
I wish you luck with whatever compensation you might be lucky to receive.

#8369 - 06/09/03 01:20 PM Re: Don't let this happen too you.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think I will be getting any compensation. Have not heard from the guy in over three months. So I have a serious doubt that I will see any refund or a minimoog. By know he's already left Israel.

Well I am gonna keep looking for a replacement.

#8370 - 06/09/03 06:02 PM Re: Don't let this happen too you.
epu Offline

Yes, you all hit it on the nail. Never do anyrthing private off eBay. If something goes unsold due to cancellation or do to not hitting the reserve, wait until the seller puts it back up for sale.

There were quite a few times in which I did do stuff privately off of eBay. Luckily, I didn't get burned. However, stories like yours convinced me to not go that route again.

I disagree with the get as much as you can sentiment. Since musicians in general are poor so to speak, I'd feel a lot better knowing that I can get more or around the same price putting it on the net. I used to deal with used stores and classified mags here in NYC, only to find better deals online, and these sources to sell way above the average price.

On top of this, there's the security issue. Most of the time, you have to go to their house or vice versa. This aint the 50s and 60s. There are some nuts out there. I often felt seriously uncomfortable letting someone into my home of which I didn't know. Additionally, now someone else has your address.

Screw that folks, I play by the rules. I always take pictures of my gear so someone can see it before they buy it (not the old, put up a catalog or stock pic), and will not buy something without seeing an item (via photo) and asking lots of questions.

Furthermore, I'm not the idiot who'd buy anything just because; while not knowing anything about the unit in question, just because they have to have a synth (or whatever).

I've been doing eBay for around two years now. I've only complained about an idiot once, and they were a REGISTERED USER and USED MUSIC STORE who was doing transactions online.

My 50 cents.

Later,
The Infamous Epu.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online