SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#82445 - 04/27/05 03:53 PM Yamaha question.
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Hi!
My Motif ES8 is configured to respond and sync to MIDI clock. However the An1X plug in board seems to be ignoring it.
I’ve scrolled through the menus and found nothing regarding MIDI sync in the plug-in board section of the Utility mode.

Can someone help?

-ED-

#82446 - 04/27/05 04:55 PM Re: Yamaha question.
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
I think the problem seems to be clear: Your synth is thirsty! Give it a beer (or better two) and it will sound better for you...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#82447 - 04/27/05 05:55 PM Re: Yamaha question.
3351 Offline

Bar fight?

-ED-

#82448 - 04/28/05 08:16 AM Re: Yamaha question.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
We are on bar time in here and midi clocks don't cut it
If It aint off topic it aint BAR talk
Bebop

#82449 - 04/28/05 12:46 PM Re: Yamaha question.
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 3351:
My Motif ES8 is configured to respond and sync to MIDI clock. However the An1X plug in board seems to be ignoring it.

Why do YOU have such a problem? I see in you the new 'master of synths' and you will tell ME that you can't fix this problem, heh?

The answer is absolutely easy, my friend....
...but I don't know it...

Did you try another midi cable? Sorry for this question...
Try it with another synth! If it shows the same attitude then the interface electronic of your ES8 must be damaged.
Maybe your OS crashed (such things can happen) and the midi interface couldn't re-initialize itself?

There are so many posibilities but at the end...I tell you, my friend...at the end it's always the same. Give it a beer (or two) and it will work good for you...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

#82450 - 04/28/05 01:23 PM Re: Yamaha question.
3351 Offline

I guesss for most people who have good eyesight programming synths is as easy as looking at the front panel.
Provided they are not idiots of coarse.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of being able to see front panel displays. I can only do it with a really strong magnifying glass and it gives me nothing but headaches. Literally.
So whenever I get a new synth it takes me a long time to get used to all the menus and go by memory and feel as in oppose to rely on vision (of which I have very little left). I guess some kids find it funny but I don't.

Anyhow, the problem was easely solved because the PLG150 has its own MIDI clock and it is enabled per patch. To save myself the trouble of having to enable it for over 256 patches I simply set up a Sysex button in Logic and right now it is as easy as dialing up a program that I want and then clicking the mouse once.

I'm kind of surprised that none of the MOtif owners here could spare a minute to answer my question. Especially if they knew the answer.

-ED-

#82451 - 04/28/05 02:04 PM Re: Yamaha question.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by 3351:
I guesss for most people who have good eyesight programming synths is as easy as looking at the front panel.
Provided they are not idiots of coarse.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of being able to see front panel displays. I can only do it with a really strong magnifying glass and it gives me nothing but headaches. Literally.
So whenever I get a new synth it takes me a long time to get used to all the menus and go by memory and feel as in oppose to rely on vision (of which I have very little left). I guess some kids find it funny but I don't.

Anyhow, the problem was easely solved because the PLG150 has its own MIDI clock and it is enabled per patch. To save myself the trouble of having to enable it for over 256 patches I simply set up a Sysex button in Logic and right now it is as easy as dialing up a program that I want and then clicking the mouse once.

I'm kind of surprised that none of the MOtif owners here could spare a minute to answer my question. Especially if they knew the answer.

-ED-

Well there aren't all that many readers here, so maybe none of the Motif owners saw it. Try posting it on the General Arranger Forum.
DonM

#82452 - 04/28/05 02:23 PM Re: Yamaha question.
Sheriff Offline

Well, I don't know how much motif players there are but I'm absolutely none of them. You know it, I'm playing a Gibson and a Kurz...

I think the most of the motif players are involved in the OT vs. non-OT controverse which started in General Arranger Forum yesterday. I hope this will end soon...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

#82453 - 04/28/05 03:14 PM Re: Yamaha question.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Achtung Sheriff!

I see you have a Kurz. Is it an arranger kb?

I thought I saw a post somewhere where they were making one. Anyone know about that?

BTW,all my ancestors were German.

I've decided to start a thread on were your ancestor's came from. Hope you all join in. I'd like to hear from the Sheriff on that too. I'm curious how far back you can trace your ancestor's.

Scott Langholff
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 04-28-2005).]

#82454 - 04/28/05 05:16 PM Re: Yamaha question.
3351 Offline

I know that you don't have the Motif Sheriff,
If anything you are one of the people who tried to answer my question and stick to the subject instead of just goofing around.
Goofing around rules BTW.

That's what the bar is all about.

Piece.

-ED-

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online