SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#82366 - 03/09/05 11:54 AM ... the beat goes on ....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... and the hits just keep a comin' ....
last Thursday after dinner I had some strong stomach pains very similar to what I had last Sept. ... I went into RI Hosp ER and they did some tests ... an ultra sound of the gall bladder showed some sand, or 'sludge' ... they admitted me and had me take some sort of nuclear scan ... the gall bladder did not show up on the screen (and I KNOW I had one when I went in there!!!), so they diagnosed it as gall bladder disease ... They kept me in the hosp through the weekend, and performed the laparoscopic surgery on Monday, and released me on Tuesday ... the way I felt Mon and Tues, I can't believe they do this as out-patient surgery ... I still have considerable pain/discomfort from the gas they pump your stomach with to get at the gall bladder ... The doc also says that I will feel tired for a while due to the anesthesia ...
We are hoping that the GB may have been the cause for the chest pain I have been feeling ... we'll see ...
Other than that, things are fine ... ...
t.
PS ..... the doc says I will be out about 4 weeks ... If I start feeling better next week maybe I'll try to set up a cheapie website just to have a place to post some tunes ....
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 03-09-2005).]

#82367 - 03/09/05 12:26 PM Re: ... the beat goes on ....
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Get well soon, old guy!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#82368 - 03/09/05 02:10 PM Re: ... the beat goes on ....
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
We're all in your corner Tony.

------------------
...shboom

#82369 - 03/09/05 02:53 PM Re: ... the beat goes on ....
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hang in there Tony.
Once you get rid of all those surplus parts you don't need anymore, you can concentrate on making music
You gonna be ok. We will be praying about it. Trust in your Creator. He ain't done with you yet, he just getting you fixed up so you can do some big "STUFF"
Bebop

#82370 - 03/09/05 03:33 PM Re: ... the beat goes on ....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Did-ja' ever notice how young folks call this stage of our lives the "Golden Years?" I guess it's cause this is when all them doctors take out lots of your body parts and shove gold in their pockets.

Also noticed they always want you to take lots of nasty pills, then tell you to come back in two weeks for another check-up. What really is bad about this is if you don't make the appointment, they still want to bill you for not being there. When is the first time they called to see if the pills they prescribed were doing the job, or better yet, check up on your condition to see if the pill's side effects were a problem?

Picture this in your mind. The phone rings and your spouse answers the phone.
"Hello!"
"Is this Mrs Smith?"
"Yes."
"Is Mr Smith there?"
"Why no, he died two weeks ago."
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. He didn't keep his appointment with Dr Jones yesterday, and as you know, the doctor's time is valuable. However, in light of your loss, we'll only bill you half the regular amount. Have a nice day!"

Ain't life grand! Get well quick Tony and stop all the lolly-gaggin' around the house.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#82371 - 03/09/05 06:06 PM Re: ... the beat goes on ....
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Hang in there Tony. I'm getting a little better each day and you will too. I hope this is the last of your problems.

Tom

Tom

#82372 - 03/09/05 09:21 PM Re: ... the beat goes on ....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Tony, don't let it get ya down...shake it off and keep your mind on your music...this to shall pass, like the gas they pumped into your stomach....get well quick....

#82373 - 03/10/05 10:26 AM Re: ... the beat goes on ....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
It happens! My mother and Father-in-law were both going to a noted neurologist in Lexington. Both were in nursing homes. Mrs. Gragg went into a coma and was hospitalized.
An associate from the neurology office was the one who made the rounds. We missed an appointment with all of the confusion and concern about the hospital stay.

We got a bill (full price) for the missed appointment. When I mentioned that a Dr. from their office was the one who was seeing her in the hospital, it didn't matter...it was still our responsibility to call to cancel the appointment.

A month later, DR. Gragg had an appointment.
The other Dr., who had also seen Mrs Gragg several days before in the hospital asked how she was...couldn't remember seeing her in the hospital just days before.

I've become pretty disgusted with the general level of medical care in the US. If I were to run my business like most physisians run theirs, I wouldn't have a business.

But then, there are always the good ones who show real compassion....sadly they're increasingly harder to find.

How sad...

Russ

#82374 - 03/10/05 11:34 AM Re: ... the beat goes on ....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ,

Unfortunately, you are right. A few years ago I had to wait 3 hours in a doctors office to see him. Despite the fact that my appointment time was 10:00 a.m., he didn't see me until 1 p.m.. Finally, after a 2 minute visit, a quick prescription, and see me in two weeks, he left the room.

When I returned home I typed up a bill for $400.00 and sent it to him. I charged him $100 per hour, my normal performance fee, plus $100 travel time and expenses. His office called a few days later and said "You don't really expect us to pay this bill do you?" To which I replied "I'll pay yours when you get around to paying mine." I changed doctors and never heard from them again.

Now, most of my medical care comes from the Veteran's Administration (VA), where the doctors are on a salary and take darned good care of you.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#82375 - 03/10/05 11:58 AM Re: ... the beat goes on ....
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
I'm so happy with my doctor. He's a thoughtful doctor and he listens to his patient's problems. Unfortunality he gives so much energie that he won't do it for a long time, I'm afraid. I guess in 5-10 years I have to look for a new doctor...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online