SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#82323 - 05/10/05 03:22 PM Don M....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Hey Don....tell me about your bag...do you like it...is it what you wanted?????

#82324 - 05/10/05 06:02 PM Re: Don M....
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
How many crawdads will it hold?

Tom

#82325 - 05/10/05 08:02 PM Re: Don M....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, I like the bag a lot. I've been very busy this week, it being National Nursing Home Week. I'm averaging two jobs each day, so haven't had much time for posting.
My only criticism is that the fit is very tight. It will fit, but we probably should have made it 1/4-inch bigger all round so that it goes in easier.
Thanks for all your trouble!
DonM

#82326 - 05/10/05 08:15 PM Re: Don M....
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Tony, I like the bag a lot. I've been very busy this week, it being National Nursing Home Week. I'm averaging two jobs each day, so haven't had much time for posting.
My only criticism is that the fit is very tight. It will fit, but we probably should have made it 1/4-inch bigger all round so that it goes in easier.
Thanks for all your trouble!
DonM

Don...Sorry for it being tight, those are the mesurments you sent me...where is it tight??? Depth, height or width????

Tony Rome

#82327 - 05/10/05 08:17 PM Re: Don M....
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
How many crawdads will it hold?

Hey Tom....what the heck do you know about
crawdads...do the grow them up in MI..hehehe
Tony Rome

#82328 - 05/11/05 04:32 AM Re: Don M....
DonM Offline

Tony,
The measurements are correct. I just wish I'd told you to leave a tad extra room to make it easier to put the kb in. It's fine the way it is though.
Thanks again.
Tom, it is crawfish season for sure. Come on down!
DonM

#82329 - 05/11/05 05:33 AM Re: Don M....
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Okay, boys!!! You have reached your aim once more - now I'm hungry!!! I'll go now into the kitchen and bake a pizza for my fast hunger...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#82330 - 05/11/05 10:19 AM Re: Don M....
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Tony,

I didn't know much about crawdads until I started hanging around Don. We used to catch those ugly things in the creek. Who would have thought they were edible? Southern hillbilly Cajuns that's who. The same people that eat those slimy things also eat possum, raccoon and those muddy tasting bass. Don FORCED me to eat them when I paid him a visit. Anybody that would elect to eat those things would probably also play and enjoy country music.

Up here in the North we eat good stuff like Lake Michigan perch, beef, pork and chicken. I can almost taste a surf and turf of porterhouse steak and Lake Michigan perch. There's nothing better!

I wonder if Don forced Boo to eat crawdads when Boo paid him a visit?

I've been trying to get Don to make the trip up north so I can expose him to some real culture but he's afraid he'll freeze. What a wimp!

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 05-11-2005).]

Tom

#82331 - 05/11/05 05:55 PM Re: Don M....
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Tony,

I didn't know much about crawdads until I started hanging around Don. We used to catch those ugly things in the creek. Who would have thought they were edible? Southern hillbilly Cajuns that's who. The same people that eat those slimy things also eat possum, raccoon and those muddy tasting bass. Don FORCED me to eat them when I paid him a visit. Anybody that would elect to eat those things would probably also play and enjoy country music.

Up here in the North we eat good stuff like Lake Michigan perch, beef, pork and chicken. I can almost taste a surf and turf of porterhouse steak and Lake Michigan perch. There's nothing better!

I wonder if Don forced Boo to eat crawdads when Boo paid him a visit?

I've been trying to get Don to make the trip up north so I can expose him to some real culture but he's afraid he'll freeze. What a wimp!

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 05-11-2005).]

Hell Tom....I'm with Don...I don't want to go north and freeze my a$$ off any more.....
them crawdads ain't to bad iffin you does em juss rite.....boy dat down home cookin is good...save me some Don....Boo...did you eat some???
Tony Rome

#82332 - 05/11/05 06:50 PM Re: Don M....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well, if either of you ever make your way to my neighborhood it's steamed crabs, steamed shrimp and crab cakes--OH YEAH!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#82333 - 05/11/05 08:15 PM Re: Don M....
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Well, if either of you ever make your way to my neighborhood it's steamed crabs, steamed shrimp and crab cakes--OH YEAH!

Gary

Gary....Have you ever heard of the Kentmorr
Restaurant on the water front...special
"CrabCakes"....man they are the best...he is
located in Annapolis, Baltimore, D.C. area
Kent Island in the Chesapeake Bay You just have to take your bride Carole there and try some of Dave's "Crabcakes" he brings them down for me when he comes....

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 05-11-2005).]

#82334 - 05/11/05 09:41 PM Re: Don M....
DonM Offline

Hey, Boo is originally from New Orleans. He was raised on crawfish (the correct term for them in Louisiana). He was eating them back when I was still ignorant enough to use them for bait!
Tom, that Surf and Turf sounds pretty good. I keep a totally open mind when it comes to food!
DonM

#82335 - 05/12/05 05:20 AM Re: Don M....
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Don,

Come for a visit anytime. Believe it or not we have golf courses here that aren't covered in snow from April to November. In fact our golf league starts tonight. I keep an open mind when it comes to food also. I'm open to eating most anything most anytime.

Tom

Tom

#82336 - 05/12/05 02:16 PM Re: Don M....
DonM Offline

Our golf course closed one day this winter. The temp dropped into the 50's. BRRRR.
DonM

#82337 - 05/13/05 05:35 AM Re: Don M....
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

You see what I mean about you southerners being soft? We played last night and it WAS 50 degrees with 10 to 15 mph winds. No problem. No fun either. I shot terrible but my partner probably had the best round he will have all season. Normally it would have been in the 60s this time of year. The good part of all this is that when it is 90 to 100 degrees with high humidity there it will be 75 to 80 here with a nice breeze rolling in off Lake Michigan.

If I had it to do all over again I would have moved south and stayed there right out of high school. Can't do it now, parents are here, kids are here, and grandkids are here. I can't move now because my grandson needs his grandpa.

Tom

Tom

#82338 - 05/13/05 05:53 AM Re: Don M....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

We've been to Kentmoor Marina/Restaurant several times. It's on Kent Island, across Chesapeake Bay from Annapolis. You're right--great crab cakes.

Tom lies about the weather up there in the frozen north! They have two seasons--winter and July 4th. Any temperatures less than 75 degrees is the dead of winter, at least at my age.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#82339 - 05/13/05 06:31 AM Re: Don M....
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Tony,

We've been to Kentmoor Marina/Restaurant several times. It's on Kent Island, across Chesapeake Bay from Annapolis. You're right--great crab cakes.

Tom lies about the weather up there in the frozen north! They have two seasons--winter and July 4th. Any temperatures less than 75 degrees is the dead of winter, at least at my age.

Cheers,

Gary

Gary...if you ever get back, please say hello to the owners Dave and his family
they are great people and good friends....
Tony

#82340 - 05/13/05 10:21 AM Re: Don M....
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Gary,

We indeed do have only two seasons but you have them wrong. They are winter and road construction.

Tom

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online