SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#82144 - 01/23/05 10:56 PM Re: Nigel, where the bar tab?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Yes I'll change it because it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, because I agree some people may misinterpret what "chat" means in todays online world. Funny, I thought chat was casual conversation which is always going to be true and will continue to exist even without computers and the Internet. But because we are using computers on the Internet here I agree I will try to avoid misunderstandings by using a term that is less likely to be misunderstood .... well for now at least.

While it has been suggested on the forum that live chat would be a good thing I tend to disgree. The main reason being that once it has passed only those present at the time will ever see it. I prefer "chat" ( excuse the term please ) to be a permanent document that everyone can read and participate in irregardless of the time zone they are in.

So I'll change the word "chat" to read "general discussion" which is much shorter and more concise ..... NOT.

#82145 - 01/24/05 01:10 AM Re: Nigel, where the bar tab?
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Nigel, I can only raise my thumbs again!
A true gentleman!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#82146 - 01/24/05 06:06 AM Re: Nigel, where the bar tab?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nigel,

I wouldn't loose any sleep over the nomenclature. Where Semilive hails from they spend a lot of time "Jawin'" about things. When I lived in Texas, they had a different expression that represented conversation, and out in Spokane, Washington, where I lived for three years, they brought home the groceries in a "Poke." I believe everyone knew what the link referred to.

Thanks again for your dilligent efforts and devotion to keeping the site active,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#82147 - 01/24/05 06:37 AM Re: Nigel, where the bar tab?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's no big deal for sure, but I must agree with Semi--"chat" on the internet usually refers to real-time, live exchanges, thus the term "chat room".
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online