SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#82028 - 04/16/05 12:38 PM computer question, how to ban IP address
KN_Fan Offline

Hi guys,

I belong to another board (as a moderator) and sometimes we have really bad members and needed to be ban from the site, but they use proxy or static IP (I don't know if I'm using the right terms). What other things that we can do to ensure that we can disable their access?

I'm thinking of doing this to myself (yes...you heard it). I'd like to ban myself from that website since it's so addicting (NO it is not anything illegal or inappropriate subject or anything like that...just a discussion website) and I can't get anything done musically or anything else for that matter. LOL.

Aside from contacting the ISP? How can I tell the admin how to disable my account?

Nigel can probably help wth this since you're the owner of this site.

#82029 - 04/16/05 01:27 PM Re: computer question, how to ban IP address
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Fan...You have to be the Admin to ban folks..
you can use the IP, the members sign in name
and the members e-mail and web info...again, it depends on what forum or board format you are using...I amd the Admin for a Cozumel Mexico forum http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/yabbse/
and have to clean it up all the time...it gets tiering after awhikw to chase after some of the members that act like children and get into pi$$ing contests all the time....I have almost 1,700 members and it's a full time job sometimes....I know full
well what Nigel has to go through here at times...he does a fantastic job.....
Tony

#82030 - 04/17/05 03:51 AM Re: computer question, how to ban IP address
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
...he does a fantastic job.....

Yes, he does!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
...some of the members that act like children and get into pi$$ing contests all the time...

That's the main reason why I'm not doing such a job. I got the offer to moderate a programmers forum but I instantly refused. Nobody was angry with me about my decision. Nevertheless I'm looking into this forum from time to time to help the admins there. And there are only about 25 members!!!

I would be interested to found a synth forum in Germany like this one that Nigel administrate but I don't have enough time to do so I'm afraid...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-17-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online