SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81437 - 03/17/05 02:10 PM UD..an AFTER WEDDING Request....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Dave, I know you guys will be running hard until after the wedding. No hurry, but I would really value your input in instrumentation for the film score I'm working on.

I will be shooting footage for the next 5 weeks all across the state. Then, the last week of April, we will be doing animation, edits and voice-over.

The sound score will be done to time after the final edit. It will be the first week-end in May.We'll also be pulling 10's, 30's and 60's out of the session for a year-long ad campaign, and will re-edit several films of varying length using the movements from the score.

Any thoughts on instrumentation? Right now, I'm planning to replace the cheesy synth strings with a real horn section, real guitar on the first pass and flute on the second. I'm thinking of real vibes on the "Bill Evans" type piano in the middle and B-3 on the organ. Bass will be Zeta fretless, with left handed keyboard bass in the middle.I'm planning real drums and a percussionist.

Could you give me your suggestions? Wouldn't need them until the first of May. So many of my smaller jobs ar sequenced...nothing wrong with that, but I'm really looking forward to a full-blown big budget production with the areas best musicians. These are folks I've done guitar and bass studio work with for years.

I'd really appreciate your "no holding back"
input.

Best personal regards,

Russ

#81438 - 03/17/05 02:35 PM Re: UD..an AFTER WEDDING Request....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Me??? Hold back? Never happen!
I'll give a good, hard listen with Maureen after the wedding and get back to you! Thanx again for the dedication and the gift!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online