SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81208 - 07/05/05 04:40 AM Not a gigg fight this time...but...
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
Hi guys,
Some weeks ago I post you about fights at place where I'm gigging with the bend; this time I have another story...

Last weekend I come to play and first my mike went out - I dont know what happen but it start to sound only in the mid range for about 1 - 2 khz...okey I took another one... then few hours later when I was going from the break I saw a drunk man schraching my Kurzweil K2661(I take it for a second time on the gig,it's new one) with the microphone stand because he was on the stage and shouting on the mike which is turned off(my bass player microphone)...okey, few schraches on K...
After that when I was going home,I walked to the car - and gess what!!! ...some other drunk man was trying to park his car out and first time he scharached mine, second and the third time...okey, we talk about it and solve the problem last week...

This weekend when I was playing,listen this, some other drunk man was so drunk that he falls on the stage at the back and he tryed to stop him self from the fall and with his right hand grab my two keybords and this time the Roland fantom X and K2661 foll down from the APEX stand and finished on the FLOOR!!!schrached badly!!!
okey... am I steel driming??wake me up guys if I am??

Next weekend I'm going to play with my old Yamaha psr 510 which I was planning to ue last weeken but I tought it could'n happened again...

...and yes,first time when they schrasch k2661 my bass player told me that that kind of keybord i should play it for myself at home not at the gigg...hello???

I start to find a new bend...this is something terible...from the songs I play to people I'm playing to...sort of and people with I'm playing...

Regards from Zagreb, Croatia

Matt

#81209 - 07/05/05 07:38 AM Re: Not a gigg fight this time...but...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
sLOWER ... if you're going to continue playing to these types of crowds, it sounds like you guys need to find some kind of portable fence to keep the drunks away from your equipment !!! ... Where is the management in this situation ... I think they are responsible to make sure nobody but the band gets on the stage !!! ...
t.

#81210 - 07/05/05 08:28 AM Re: Not a gigg fight this time...but...
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Why does the movie "Roadhouse" come to mind??

------------------
...shboom

#81211 - 07/05/05 08:45 AM Re: Not a gigg fight this time...but...
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Damn, I believe I'd learn to play bongos.

Or get a section of that new death fence they are putting around prisons. You touch it first time, it knocks you on your butt. Touch it a second time, voltage goes way up and you're dead.

#81212 - 07/05/05 09:16 AM Re: Not a gigg fight this time...but...
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
sLOWER, bud, you gotta find yourself better venues than that hellhole. It can't be like that throughout Croatia, can it?

Do the solo thing (you don't have any jerk bandmates to put up with) and be a little more selective as to where you play, if you can. Also, being solo, you'll probably end up with a better paycheque. Good luck.

#81213 - 07/05/05 01:11 PM Re: Not a gigg fight this time...but...
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Oh dear sLOWER....If I were a religious man I would begin to wonder if somebody was trying to tell me something.

If I were you I would be keeping a very watchful eye out for thunderbolts.

Just on a point of interest do you have a good insurance company??

Trevor

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online