SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81120 - 03/19/05 11:54 AM HAPPY St. JOSEPH'S DAY ....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
..... a day celebrated primarily by Italians, and in particular Sicilians ...

St. Joseph, husband of Mary, Step-Father to Jesus, patron Saint of the working man ...

Besides a day of special dedication it is a day day for 'zeppoles' or 'sphinges' filled with sweet ricotta cream .... yummmmmm

My Sicilian in-laws have a tradition that includes 'St. Joseph's macaroni' made with a sauce that includes cauliflower and sardines or anchovies ... never got into that, but I make up for it with the zeppoles ...
For any NYers aroung here the absolute BEST zeppoles in the WORLD are made at Buono's Bakery on Hylan Blvd in Staten Island ....
They are even worth the trip from RI to get some ... ....
t.

#81121 - 03/19/05 01:17 PM Re: HAPPY St. JOSEPH'S DAY ....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Tony...Thanks for the lesson in Italian
customs....my family is of "Palermo" desent
so I know all to well of the flavors of which you speak...damn it to hell, I can't get any down here in Cozumel...I can't even
get Riccota cheese to make my own....please
send me a care package....Happy St. Joseph
dat to you also....

#81122 - 03/19/05 02:02 PM Re: HAPPY St. JOSEPH'S DAY ....
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
I will order a portion of tortellinis with gorgonzola sauce and a glass of Rosso Di Montepulciano...hmmmmm...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#81123 - 03/19/05 04:11 PM Re: HAPPY St. JOSEPH'S DAY ....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The last time I was in Palermo was 1958, which at the time was a neat town. One of the things I rembered was the incredible cable that crossed the Straits of Mesinna (probly spelled it wrong) and folks walking on a footbridge atop the cable. If I recall correctly, the cable was nearly 8 feet in diameter and suspended approximately 500 feet above the water. In town, many of the larger homes were surrounded by stone walls, and the tops of the walls were covered with concrete imbedded with shards of broken glass to prevent intruders.

Man that was a long time ago,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#81124 - 03/19/05 10:06 PM Re: HAPPY St. JOSEPH'S DAY ....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Gary, it wasn't that long ago, that was the year I made my first record "Satin Doll" hell, that seems like it was last year....
come on down, BTW, I think I'm going ahead with the purchase of the Tyros....I'll post it all....

#81125 - 03/20/05 06:51 AM Re: HAPPY St. JOSEPH'S DAY ....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

Hope to see you after income taxes are done and the schedule slows down a bit. Looking forward to reading your comments on the Tyros.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online