SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#819 - 08/05/03 07:45 PM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
Llyren Offline

RS's, ugh. The interface on those things is annoying. It you want a slightly cheaper keyboard than the XP-80, check out the XP-60 - same as the 80, but with 61 keys instead of 76. However, Equalizer does have a point about the RS series, if the XV-88 was too expensive for you.

(Everybody seems to love the Fantom but me... I've played around on 'em a fair amount, and I just don't see what's so intriguing about them. They remind me of Windows XP - a toy for adults. The boards in the XP series are much more professional.)

#820 - 08/05/03 09:42 PM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I, like llyren, own an XP-80, and though I agree with his assessment of the keyboard, I don't think it will suit you. The XP arpeggiator is only single as well, meaning only one instrument at a time, not a whole band being run on multi-arpeggiators. The XP is more of a create-it-yourself kind of board. As close as it could come to your style of arpeggiator is in patterns. You can trigger paterns with keys. A patern is basically a short sequence that gets looped. So, you could put a drum loop on one patern, a bass line on one, a string line, etc, then trigger these paterns using separate keys on the XP. However, you still have to create the patterns, and they won't change chords, unless you create a pattern for each chord you want.

#821 - 08/07/03 01:02 PM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
Vadim Offline

XP60 same as XP80 but 61 keys,now I like XP60 more then XP80, I like 61 key better because its more compact,and I don`t need that extra octave.And its CHEAPER.
And I have another question about arpegiator and combinations on synths, can you compare Triton`s to XP60/XP80.

[This message has been edited by Vadim (edited 08-07-2003).]

#822 - 08/07/03 07:03 PM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
XP80 arpeggiator is not as powerful as Triton. Triton is obviously a multi-arpeg unit that can run different arpeggios on different midi channels and different instruments simultaneously. Xp only one at a time.

#823 - 08/07/03 07:37 PM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
Vadim Offline

How about Fantom`s,Fantom-S`s arpegiator? Or other differences between XP80/60 ,Fantom,Fantom-S.
I would also would like to know difference between Triton and Karma.And more about XV-88
and more about motif and difference between motif and s90,s80.

#824 - 08/09/03 03:33 PM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
mm.. reading thru the suggestions and comments you give, I do not understand why you want a synthesizer?
If I understand well what you are saying, you are looking for;
Styles which are dedicated to your own compositions?

Why not just use your arranger board and make your own styles?

or;

You could save yourselve a lot of money by going the software route!

Have a look at band in a box software or jammer pro software.
Or you could just use your va76 to record each track in sequencer software.

#825 - 08/10/03 09:16 AM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Llyren,
have you played the Fantom-S? it Rocks! it's New sounds with new features that kick's both the XP-60/80 and the Fantom76!

#826 - 08/10/03 01:00 PM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
Vadim Offline

I knew someone will ask a question about why i need a synth, because i have VA 76...Before I got VA 76, I was thinking about buying Synth or Arranger(va 76 or Triton)I was close to buying Triton,before my VA 76 I had Casio WK-1250($300)on my casio was 6-Track sequencer, mostly i was using styles on my casio, but then grudualy i moved into making songs without styles, recording all tracks manualy, but using 6-track sequencer...and that casio wasn`t working properly, I think it was melfanctioning because i took it apart trying to get out a penny which had fallen in between the keys.
But why I still want a synth...well, when i play on triton in a store then play on my va 76 at nome I feel a little sorry for not buying a synth, but then I think: if i get a synth and get rid out of a VA 76, no i`m not gonna get rid of my VA 76, maybe I`ll buy a synth and then after some time passes I`ll sell it.Another reason I wan`t a synth is: when i look in some magazine or anything about professional or wellknown keyboard musicians, all of them use synths instead of arrangers(maybe because, if they would use styles someone would be able to play the same music).And synths are cheaper then arrangers,but why if pros use synths.And another thing about VA 76:I think VA 76/VA 7 has the best sequencer of all keys, including synths,VA`s sequencer has those editing stuff, you can change velocity of every note which is very usefull with drum track, Roland engeniers did outstanding job on sequencer`s editing!Another reason I want a synth is that synths have much more powerfull tones.But VA76`s sequencer holds me tords the va76, that`s why i asked a question before about Synth`s sequencer.I have much more to tell but i hate typing(hate writing even more),and before i type in one idea i forget what i was thinking to type next.

[This message has been edited by Vadim (edited 08-10-2003).]

#827 - 08/16/03 10:25 AM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Here is my opinion,

Triton and Roland XP series are good for synth sounds and not for acoustic emulation. I would go with Roland XV-series or Motif. The new motif ES promises to be spectacular. It seems to me that Yamaha experiments with top arrangers and then brings the voices to motif:

PSR9000PRO-> Motif
TYROS-> Motif ES.

Although it seems to me that Motif ES cotains a very large library of sounds. Yamaha claims it to be the largest library ever.

#828 - 09/03/03 12:49 PM Re: Triton vs. XP 80 vs. Motif ?
Vadim Offline

I heard Triton Demos at Korg.com, it sounds good, better then Xp-80/60 I can say.But I couldn`t find demos for Motif.

[This message has been edited by Vadim (edited 09-12-2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online