SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80506 - 04/09/07 06:14 AM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

This is one of those subjects that should be aired in The Bar.

Cheers,Gary

excactly

#80507 - 04/09/07 06:55 AM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
So smog, pollution, fossil fuels are all good for the planet? Clear cutting the forests and wiping out whole species of animals good for mankind?
This is one of those cases where if you look hard enough you can find enough data to confuse any opinion.
In the 50's they used to say cigarette smoking was good for you, at least not harmful, and had data to back it up for 30 years.

#80508 - 04/09/07 09:27 AM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Global Warming is another excuse for the Goverment to TAX us more on everything they can find that they think may effect it.

#80509 - 04/09/07 01:54 PM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
IF the planet hasn't been this warm since the 1400's, what the hell did we humans do in the 1400's to cause it then? If all of civilization went back 600 years, we'd decrease total greenhouse gass on the planet by something like 4%. So is it only our 4% that is causing all the problems, or might the other 96% that has nothing to do with humans play a part? Maybe climate change is a (gasp) "NATURAL" phenominon.

#80510 - 04/09/07 02:45 PM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
Beakybird Offline

"IF the planet hasn't been this warm since the 1400's, what the hell did we humans do in the 1400's to cause it then? If all of civilization went back 600 years, we'd decrease total greenhouse gass on the planet by something like 4%. So is it only our 4% that is causing all the problems, or might the other 96% that has nothing to do with humans play a part? Maybe climate change is a (gasp) "NATURAL" phenominon."

What is unprecedented is the speed of the increase in temperature. I am 45 years old, and in my very lifetime, I notice a very stark increase in temperature. The last 10 years have been the warmest on record since recording weather has begun.

I have not read any headlines about scientific articles that dispute global warming. Remember that oil companies are spending millions of dollars to create doubt about the science by paying off some scientists to dispute the current findings.

I don't think that we should experiment with our planet. When the scientists are predicting famine, crop loss, rising sea levels, mass extinctions, I think that we should be very careful about cavalier pronouncements, like "it's cold as hell here in Chicago, so there must not be global warming." Or this stuff was just is just a myth to raise taxes.

The only pertinence that this has to arranger keyboards is that it might effect my career as a musician if vast parts of Florida and other coastal waters go under water and if there are massive famines and droughts. If that stuff starts happening, then I don't think that there will be much a budget for what I do.

Beakybird

#80511 - 04/09/07 04:34 PM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
Beakybird Offline

By the way, I would like to find out the name of the scientists who dispute the science behind global warming, and the name and date of just one of the peer reviewed scientific journals where any of their findings can be found.

Then lets get back to talking about keyboards.

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 04-09-2007).]

#80512 - 04/09/07 09:59 PM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
mr9000 Offline

You guys are spelling it wrong:
Glo-bull..warming...phht let me at the cavemen who created the Ice-age i tells ya!

#80513 - 04/10/07 02:00 PM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
So if we were heading for another ice age, would it be wise for us then to drive larger SUV's, burn more oil? No, we would be to blame for that somehow too. No doubt in my mind about that.

#80514 - 04/10/07 02:12 PM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
People are getting confused man. Global warming has an impact on the climate. Not just warmer weather, but screws it up completely. My family who lives in Erie can speak to that. Eries known for cold and snowy winters. The winters have become milder over the years up there. Shit we're seeing snow in WV in the first weeks of April. That's not normal.

We're without a doubt going through climate changes, and all the crap we're putting into the air isn't helping a bit. Also taking away natural resources can't be good either. Look at all the coal mining in West Virginia. Our own powerplants burn a crap load of coal everyday. It's gonna run out eventually. There's gonna be long term effects.

Also keep in mind that it HAS been proven that the big oil companies have "paid" scientists to rebut global warming for their own greedy reasons. The shit's gonna hit the fan one day. I won't be here to get sprayed by it, but I'm sure my daughters children are going to be seeing the effects.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#80515 - 04/10/07 02:30 PM Re: Global Warming? Not here!!!
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
You all might read the article below. This is about what can really happen now. And there's nothing you can do about it...
http://www.alternet.org/story/17711/

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online