SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80398 - 03/27/05 02:38 PM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Well there are endless solar systems such as ours, its pretty vague to think that we are the only ones that sustain life. I know aliens exist, I know that there is more intelligent life in our space. But have they visited us? Who knows, i think it is very possible that they may have. But to travel a galaxy would require so much food, fuel ect, its pretty far-fetched.

PS: Sheriff... I got some reeses pieces

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 03-27-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 03-27-2005).]

#80399 - 03/27/05 07:42 PM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
flatfoot Offline

Loc: sacramento CA

>>>> evidence of life on other planets. There are small beings for example on Mars - microbes!!! >>>>

The objects that were identified as 'microbes' are most definitely NOT accepted as organic forms. First, they are way too big to fit into the definition of the bacilli they were inititally thought to resemble. Second they show no internal structure consistent with organic origin. Third they are easily explained as non-living mineral deposits. Finally they were not found on Mars but embedded in a meteorite found on Earth. Nobody has explained how a bacterium could have come to reside in the solid interior of a meteorite.

Douglas Wolfe

#80400 - 03/28/05 04:26 AM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by flatfoot:
...The objects that were identified as 'microbes' are most definitely NOT accepted as organic forms...

Well, I guess that's another problem. How do we explain life? Is this the correct definition of life what our scientists said? I don't know...

But if you know the Miller's experiments then you should know that life is a consequence of some unorganic molecular compounds in combination with energy.

Hey, that's the secret of life: We are walking batteries who are striving for spending energy - most of time we create senseless things like this discussion about life on other planets...*lol*

What about spending energy for music? I didn't play guitar since 3 days...wow, I'm suffering from withdrawal of guitar playing...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 03-28-2005).]

#80401 - 03/30/05 11:57 AM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
lowfrequencyoscillator Offline

Loc: atlanta , Georgia , USA
That is why I'm a man of science , not religion . A scientist will not jump the gun and say that a microbe or something that resembles one is life . Not until it is PROVEN to be so . Since our scientists are constantly pushing and pushing until they find that proof , either on Mars or the moons of Jupiter or Saturn , it's reallyjust a matter of time . When they find that absolute proof , you can go outside and look up at the stars and say " it's really happening out there " . Maybe at the same time you are doing that , someone lightyears away is doing the same .

#80402 - 03/30/05 12:37 PM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
MrEd Offline

5 UFOs have been positively identified!

Vinnie Moore - Pete Way - Phil Mogg - Jason Bonham - Paul Raymond

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 03-30-2005).]

#80403 - 03/30/05 12:45 PM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Well said, LFO!

Quote:
Originally posted by lowfrequencyoscillator:
Maybe at the same time you are doing that , someone lightyears away is doing the same .

And at that time I'm playing guitar someone lightyears away is playing any kind of instrument that suits so good to mine...*dream*

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#80404 - 04/01/05 04:46 AM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
gettin' on a bit Offline

Loc: England
Ever tried working as a restaurant pianist? You are viewed as being an alien by the vast majority of diners!

#80405 - 04/01/05 05:08 AM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
They say there's no such thing, well you have to see it to believe it I suppose, but I'm not saying what I saw was from outer space.
It was 1981 the year for many sightings and speculations of UFOs.
After what I thought looked initially like a star, this thing turned into many colours, it started to move across the sky, stopped-went brilliant red and disappeared, and within seconds I saw a mushroom shaped balloon, that I estimated twice the height and the same width of my house. It turned on it's side and glided across the roof of my home, and as it went over the road just missing the other houses I could see the top of it and it was an ultra violet light that made it glow. The stem of it started to deflate and the noise was like one of those cheap black plastic bags. I went out looking for it and thought it would of come down in the next road, but that also disappeared. I also saw Police cars racing about. It was all in our local newspaper the next day, where people had seen sightings of different things, and this went on for a week or two.
Well we called the Bristol balloon club, but was told though they have a lot of shapes and sizes of balloons they didn’t have a mushroom shape. I read many years later that a mushroom shaped balloon was also sighted in China.

Well roughly a couple of weeks after that I saw three white lights in a row manoeuvring across the sky, no noise or nothing behind them. They were to far apart to be a plane or helicopter. When I first saw the lights they were far away in the sky and looked the size of tennis balls, but as they got closer they were the size of footballs. They rotated and shot off in different directions.
With the equipment that the RAF have you would think they would of picked up on both sightings on radar. but they deny ever seeing it. huh!

Keyboardcapers

#80406 - 04/01/05 05:28 AM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
over the years there has been a lot of talk about UFO,s of the 100, of 000,s sightings worlwide reported 98% have been explained one way or another by the authorities (many times dubious?)that still leaves 2% unanswered over 10,000,it certainly makes you wonder,mike

#80407 - 04/01/05 10:13 AM Re: U F O's and all the press attention
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
My Lord I can't believe reading about Ufo's here yesterday, and today right before sunrise I actually seen one!

We live on the East slopes of the Sierra Nevada's at about 5000 ft elv. This Am right before the sun came up I went out the back door headed for my studio, and Heard a lound transformer like humm. coming from the large mountain that almost straight up behind our home. I looked up and saw what looked like a large aluminium disk hovering just this side of the peak of the mountain, I froze thinking where I could run to, when It started to slowly move up to me. It got almost above me and stopped. This thing had to be 200 ft in diameter. The humming got almost quiet, and then I heard the sound of a finger tapping on a microphone and some crackling, and then a voice in broken english booming like coming from a PA over a football field, say pardooon me butwe have big troubles with our erquac stablzr, would you happen to have coopy of winddooo's Xp. staart disc.

I answered sorry I don't, they said tank yoou.
and the disk started to rotate very slowly, as it did it had big letters that came into view that said Y A M A H A TYROS II

April 1, 2005..........Pose

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online