SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#8049 - 12/05/02 04:13 PM Re: Look HEre for FUN
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Nobby - that PSR2000 is a mighty synth in its own right - not just an arranger keyboard. Have you looked in the Data List manual at all that stuff you can do with sysex? All those DSPs and effects - it'll blow away some of those hifalutin synths.

#8050 - 12/05/02 04:35 PM Re: Look HEre for FUN
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Thought of the day...

According to the doctors who checked him out, Bruce Lee had the body of an 18 year old when he was 32 years of age.

#8051 - 12/05/02 08:51 PM Re: Look HEre for FUN
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Quote:

Well, I'm right up with you Nobby.

----------------------
Hi Pilot
I was 65 Jan. 13th. 2002, so I might be a little older!

I'm not into writing music much, I have done a little tape recording. I would like to convince my wife that I need a Mini Recorder Ha!
See Ya Around,
Nobby
PS: Yes I love my 2000, It's been great for me!

#8052 - 12/05/02 09:53 PM Re: Look HEre for FUN
Blacklight Offline

I'm 32. I started in a punk band with no lessons, just figuring out how to slam around a guitar loudly. I was about 14-15 at that time. After a while, I began experimenting with noise and taped sounds and began to do stuff like play several sterios, all with different sounding "noise"tapes all playing at the same time and I would reccord the chaos. I then descovered noise industrial bands like Throbbing Gristle, Cabare Voltair, and Einsturzende Neubauten were all doing the same thing and so I got into industrial music. Durring this time, I also became a proficient electric and acoustic guitarist. My first industrial band was called "The Vault" and I was around 19 at the time. We never made it out of the garage. By that time, I had a computer and had discovered the wonder of Mod Editors on several local BBS's. Our setup was... Backing sounds, electronic rythms and noise.. I did with the mod editor (nammed Modedit)...I played guitar, we had a bassist, a drummer, and a friend who went around my garage with a microphone in his hand who hit stuff with it. Then we all went to college and never saw each other again.
I got my first synth, A Yamaha SY35, and an Alesis SR16 drum machine(and I still have them and I'd never part with either of them).
My current setup includes those, plus an old Ensoniq EPSm, Sequential Circuits Split 8, Yamaha TX7, and a Korg MS2000 (my baby)!
I am starting off a new, very melodic styled, industrial project with a drummer friend. We'll see where that goes..
(looks up... Wow ! I wrote out my life story !! Cool !)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online