SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#79678 - 01/09/05 10:19 PM Why are members testing Nigel?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Nigel, two thumbs up for not letting certain individuals that assumed they're exempt from the rules keep posting off topics on the arranger forum. It was really disturbing to see some individuals test the waters by still posting off topics thinking that you would let them slide for some reason. The bar is an excellent ideia in my opinion. I'm sorry but it must be said; what is wrong with some of you posting direct posts to members????? You have their e-mails and probably even their phone numbers,it must be said that posting direct posts to members is totally uncalled for not to mention ignorant, I say this because it is done on purpose just to spotlight, come on, have a little more class. Nigel continue the excellent work of maintaining what you originally begun, an arranger forum for all to share and learn, I praise you're efforts and dedication.

#79679 - 01/09/05 11:51 PM Re: Why are members testing Nigel?
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
It was really disturbing to see some individuals test the waters by still posting off topics thinking that you would let them slide for some reason. The bar is an excellent ideia in my opinion. I'm sorry but it must be said; what is wrong with some of you posting direct posts to members????? You have their e-mails and probably even their phone numbers.

I agree.

#79680 - 01/10/05 03:10 AM Re: Why are members testing Nigel?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
And did I pass the test .....

#79681 - 01/10/05 05:00 AM Re: Why are members testing Nigel?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Actually, this place isn't any fun anymore.

What's with Synth_Guy all of a sudden stirring up the bees nest, lobbying Nigel and others from including OT's in the General Arranger Section, insults to members, blah, blah, blah....

It seems things went over to the dark side recently.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#79682 - 01/10/05 05:46 AM Re: Why are members testing Nigel?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I think personal comments in the General arranger section is what personalized and keeps this forum live and interesting...Personal comments[even sarcastic in fun comments embellishes the post] make s it real..
The Bar is and will be fun,but please not at the exspense of our "Standard"..
Just accept our sometimes veering OT views on occasions..this is no insult to Nigel..he and his forum are not number one by luck only..

#79683 - 01/10/05 06:06 AM Re: Why are members testing Nigel?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nigel,

Looks like you passed the test, but that means the drinks are on the house!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#79684 - 01/10/05 07:01 AM Re: Why are members testing Nigel?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
[B]Actually, this place isn't any fun anymore.

What's with Synth_Guy all of a sudden stirring up the bees nest, lobbying Nigel and others from including OT's in the General Arranger Section, insults to members, blah, blah, blah....

B]

Sorry you feel that way, I apologize to you and others if you feel that I was stirring up the bees nest. " Not my intention" I simply like to follow the guidlines as a member of the forum. As a person that has taken many leadership roles during my life, I feel that testing someone's authority or guidance is totally uncalled for in my book. I have little tolerance for childish tactics and even though it is not my place to make judgement, some of the OFF TOPICS posted recently were clearly posted to test the waters......no reason for it and I would assume Nigel is having a hard enough time trying to maintain the forum, he shouldn't have to babysit as well. So lets all be men and play by the rules.

#79685 - 01/10/05 01:06 PM Re: Why are members testing Nigel?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Until recently, the OT stuff didn't appear to be a big deal. Maybe it was, and I just missed it.

As for me, I figure I can stir up plenty of hornets nests just staying on topic, but I also try as best I can to simply avoid the real controversial OT stuff, like threads based on politics, religion, etc.

In those areas, I believe what I believe, noone here will ever change that, and it has no relevance at all to arrangers or music in general. Still, it doesn't bother me, no matter which forum it's on. I just avoid it.

AJ

#79686 - 01/10/05 03:56 PM Re: Why are members testing Nigel?
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Personally i think Synth_Guy is doing a good job. He provides you with the info you need, from what ive noticed his rips against other arent that harsh.

And Nigel, thanks for giving my this forum, I honestly dont know where I would be without it, all i know is it would be a lot less than i am now.

Phil

#79687 - 01/10/05 09:14 PM Re: Why are members testing Nigel?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Nothing has changed. You all just have an extra choice that's all. I think you can all cope with it. People keep talking like something has changed, but it hasn't. You just have more choice. Is that so tough ? The Synth Zone BBS was never just the General Arranger Forum. It just happens to be the most active. Now there is one more forum added to the 30+ that there has always been. The Bar just happens to consist of many of the Arranger Forum members. But we are also seeing Technics, GEM and Ketron forum members here as well.

The occasional OT thread on any forum is still OK as it has always been. But if it generates multiple threads over a week then The Bar is where it should be. Before this I would have started deleting out of control OT threads but here they are fine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online