SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#79463 - 05/04/07 10:44 AM Quote from Clarence Francis, a world-renowned business leader of the 1930s and '40s
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
You can buy a mans time; you can buy his physical presence at a given place; you can even buy a measured number of his skilled muscular motions per hour. But you cannot buy enthusiasm. You cannot buy loyalty. You can not buy the devotion of hearts, minds, or souls. You must earn these!
Bebop

#79464 - 05/04/07 04:23 PM Re: Quote from Clarence Francis, a world-renowned business leader of the 1930s and '40s
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
This should be on every office, factory, school and bedroom wall and something every "Pentagon" in the world might learn a lesson from.

Thank you, BeBop!

Taike

#79465 - 05/06/07 01:37 PM Re: Quote from Clarence Francis, a world-renowned business leader of the 1930s and '40s
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
So true...the ONLY way to manage efficiently is to figure out how to motivate people to WANT to do the job. you can write job specs which people will meet, but the best performers do the best jobs because they WANT to do it for their bosses and for themselves.

Thanks,

R.

#79466 - 05/07/07 05:58 AM Re: Quote from Clarence Francis, a world-renowned business leader of the 1930s and '40s
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I recently retired after 40 years with the same company, all served as a manager in some capacity ... I often wondered if I was 'getting through' to people, and the comments from various and diversified sources at the end told me how much I had ... most dominant was the message that "no matter what we were going through, we always knew you cared about US" ... hearing that made me feel great ...
If your people know that you care for them, you are well on your way towards motivation ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online