SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#78894 - 07/24/06 06:05 PM Hooray for all the Korg Users!
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Finally a place to discuss everything Korg.
Let's get it rolling'

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#78895 - 07/24/06 09:33 PM Re: Hooray for all the Korg Users!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
from one dennis to another i agree totally....
and thankyou Nigel!!!!!

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 07-24-2006).]

#78896 - 07/25/06 04:27 AM Re: Hooray for all the Korg Users!
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
All the best to the Korg users and their new home

#78897 - 07/25/06 11:48 AM Re: Hooray for all the Korg Users!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Wow, we're up to four posts and still no controversy .
Well it's been over 6 months and I am still very fond of my PA1X pro. I still think the OS is more cumbersome than it needs to be....mainly the utility-type stuff. File handling is sort of a PITA and I wouldn't mind seeing them swap that floppy drive out for a USB drive. I'm sure that will happen with the next model. Since I'm too lazy to try creating some myself, I wish there were more jazz, blues, funk, fusion, type styles available. I haven't heard many (any) third-party styles that were up to the level of the factory styles. I guess that's true of most of the manufacturers. If anyone knows of any, please post a link. I already belong to the Korg PA1x-Pa1x pro forum but not much there. Right now I'm patiently waiting for my (Roland) VP-550 to arrive (darn Squeak for putting up that demo link ). It sounds like it's going to be a barrel of fun. As soon as I found out that you didn't have to be a good singer to make it sound good, I jumped all over it. Anyhoo........

Peace,

chas

#78898 - 07/25/06 12:13 PM Re: Hooray for all the Korg Users!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Chas,
Let us know how that Roland 550 works for ya. It's an amazing vocal keyboard. I still say that once churches, schools, universities, and even small theater productions see this model, it's going to fly off the shelves.

I'm still speechless at the thought of the one man gospel choir. That demo was nothing short of amazing (or at least it was to me).

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#78899 - 07/25/06 01:39 PM Re: Hooray for all the Korg Users!
cgiles Offline

Yeah, I agree. However, I'm worried about my very limited knowledge of choral arranging and voicing, and I suspect that's what is required to get the most out of that beast. Back to the woodshed. I've always loved (really good) gospel choirs but never paid enough attention musically to get a feel for doing it myself (arranging). I'd like to do stuff like Donald Byrd's Cristo Redemptor and such. Sounds perfect for that type of thing. Not available yet but supposed to be in "any day now" (Musician's Friend). Guess I should have put a call in to Dan0 as he did well by me on the Tyros2 and PA1X pro....hmm, maybe I will.

chas

#78900 - 07/25/06 01:43 PM Re: Hooray for all the Korg Users!
cgiles Offline

whoops! This is supposed to be about Korgs and arrangers and already I'm talking Roland and non-arrangers. Sorry....this has NOTHING to do with brand, I just like the concept of this board and it slipped out in the excitement.

Peace,

chas

#78901 - 07/26/06 09:56 PM Re: Hooray for all the Korg Users!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
well chas...don't let it happen again!!!!!

nah just kidding...i am at the pa1x forum as well..just posted a question there,which i might repeat here...do you think korg should release editing software for the PA so editing can be done via PC+USB? would be very useful for creating/editing styles, tweaking sounds and performances.........yamaha (oops there's that name!!!) provide very good edting software for all their motif line (dunno about the arrangers), under the "Studio Connections" tag........
dennis

#78902 - 07/27/06 06:05 AM Re: Hooray for all the Korg Users!
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
...do you think korg should release editing software for the PA so editing can be done via PC+USB? would be very useful for creating/editing styles, tweaking sounds and performances
dennis

Absolutely. Since the communications protocol is already there, we're only talking about a PC program. C'mon Korg, get with the program.

chas

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online