SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#7880 - 11/17/02 09:45 AM Yamaha portable grand DGX-500
bvan Offline

Loc: Pensacola, FL USA
This is a piano with PSR features. I just recently got this keyboard and would like comments from other owners. I have several "how do you__" questions.

bvan

#7881 - 11/18/02 03:39 PM Re: Yamaha portable grand DGX-500
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello......My Dad has one and I play it all the time. Great voices and style arrangements. Ask away..................

#7882 - 11/18/02 04:19 PM Re: Yamaha portable grand DGX-500
bvan Offline

Loc: Pensacola, FL USA
The most important question relates to the set ups in the songs. When playing a song, (from the song book that came with the keyboard) is there a way to retain that same setting after exiting from the song mode. That is I want to use that same setting on my own song. The database does that nicely, seems that the song sequences would also.

#7883 - 11/19/02 03:50 PM Re: Yamaha portable grand DGX-500
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello......I haven't used the songbook, but if you are playing a midi file type song you really aren't using the styles that are in the memories, but rather a sequence of a song. If these are indeed recorded styles that were played live, then recorded, you might be able to retain these settings. After you play one of these songbook songs press the VOICE button and see if the voice shown was what you were hearing. Do the same with the STYLE button. If these are both showing the voices and style of the song you just played you can save this setup in one of the 16 registration memories. Try this and see if it works. Good luck.

P.S. I love the Music Data Base settings. Try tweaking the ones you like and save those in the registration memories.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online