SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#7414 - 08/19/03 07:44 PM Lexicon MPX-1 reverb
tekminus Offline

So, I was thinking of getting an MPX-1 at the same time as I get my new G2 Nord Modular. Does anyone know if Lexicon has something new coming out in this price range? Maybe they already released something I have missed?

I'm not quite ready to get a PCM-91 (it would cost as much as the G2) and no one seems to want to part from their PCM's, virtually no S/H market here in Sweden. I've seen some MPX-500's for sale, but I already have the Alesis Midiverb4 and I doubt the difference is that big.

Anyone have the MPX-1?

-tek

#7415 - 08/19/03 08:41 PM Re: Lexicon MPX-1 reverb
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tek... before you plunk down any cash on the Lex - you gotta try the TC M oneXL. It's so good for so little. I love it.

#7416 - 08/20/03 01:19 PM Re: Lexicon MPX-1 reverb
tekminus Offline

Yeah, I will. I'll listen to the more expensive TC's too. There's quite a step down in price, but since it's two different manufacturers, you can't really go by pricetags alone. I've read so many reviews now and there seems to be an audible difference between the cheaper MPX-550 and MPX-1, so we'll see how the TC does.

-tek

#7417 - 08/27/03 12:23 PM Re: Lexicon MPX-1 reverb
tekminus Offline

I ordered the Lexicon MPX-1 along with a 128 channel MIDI interface, the ESI M8U. I didn't get a chance to hear the M-One XL version, only the older one. The other cheaper reverbs I sampled were the Lexicon MPX-100 and 550. The 550 sounds really good, but then I found this German online store that had a deal on the MPX-1, I just couldn't resist.

I just hope they approve my order. I had to send them copies of my Visa and photo-ID, talk about paranoid. Most people probably just give up at that point.

-tek

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online