SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73892 - 01/21/99 10:37 PM PSR225PC for beginer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm just getting into digital music. I don't have much experience with any type of music. I was wondering if the Yamaha PSR225PC would be a good first keyboard for me. I'd like to keep the price under $250 for any make or model. Thanx.

#73893 - 01/25/99 09:06 AM Re: PSR225PC for beginer?
albertc Offline

Loc: pittsburgh, pa, usa
tell me what you expect to get out of it--do you want a toy--or are you really intersted in learning to play keyboards
al

#73894 - 01/27/99 04:13 PM Re: PSR225PC for beginer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If that's what your budget is, the PSR225 is probably the best sounding keyboard for the money. It also has those real piano samples (stereo I think) that sound pretty good. It would be a whole lot better if Yamaha added a pitchbender to it.

The 61 key keyboard is a little short for real piano work but can suffice for a beginner. The keyboard does have a pretty nice feel though.

The 32 polyphony and 16 multitimbral are both good for the money and beginning midi creating. It will work well with a sequencer and computer. And the instrument sounds aren't really that bad for a low end board.

As Albert says, it does borderline on being a toy but for $200 it's a good board. You can always upgrade later.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online