SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73862 - 10/15/01 11:49 AM Yamaha PSR620 format 0?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's allmost impossible to find an answer to the following question: Is there software to convert format 1 into format 0, for midifiles playing on the PSR620. On the entire World Wide Web there's no answer yet !(as far as I know there isn't!!!) Please help me.....Thanks in advance Jack

(ps. I've never been on the Titanic, that's another Jack)

#73863 - 10/15/01 12:59 PM Re: Yamaha PSR620 format 0?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Yes there is software to convert Midi files format 0 to 1. www.Korg.co.uk I seem to remember had a free utility to do this, or if you have Cakewalk Sequencer or most other sequencers you can load in and save out to format 0 or 1.

If you still find you have difficulty, email me because I did have the utility once and it may be somewhere hidden away.

Hope this is of help to you.

Graham UK

#73864 - 10/23/01 08:54 AM Re: Yamaha PSR620 format 0?
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
But as far as I am aware, the PSR620 does not follow General midi convention, so dont expect standard GM midi files to sound right when used on it. However the format conversion should allow you to separate out the track data and use it successfully. There are many utilities available to do this conversion, and free too.

Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#73865 - 10/23/01 09:02 AM Re: Yamaha PSR620 format 0?
DMC Offline

Loc: NY City
Quote:
Originally posted by J4cks0n:
It's allmost impossible to find an answer to the following question: Is there software to convert format 1 into format 0, for midifiles playing on the PSR620. On the entire World Wide Web there's no answer yet !(as far as I know there isn't!!!) Please help me.....Thanks in advance Jack

(ps. I've never been on the Titanic, that's another Jack)

XGWorks (usually included w/Yamaha keyboards)can save files in either midi 0 or 1. You can open a midi-o file and save it in midi-1 and vis-versa....

DudeManCentral

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online