SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73815 - 05/07/02 07:02 PM Motif8 a worthwhile board?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do any of you have any opinions on the Motif8?
I'm getting ready to buy a new board and have this one in my sights. I've been playing my PSR-630 for a couple of years now and am ready for an 88-key Synth.

According to Yamaha, the Motif is the bar-none Holy Grail of Synth's, but then again, every board they have is according to them, if you know what I mean.

I'd like to hear some of your opinions on what You think is the Hands-Down BEST 88-Key Synth (for 3 grand or less).

Thanks

#73816 - 05/07/02 09:51 PM Re: Motif8 a worthwhile board?
noisemaker Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO USA
It's the best I've ever had (includes Triton, KARMA, Fantom) I'm spoiled. The sounds are crystal clear (not over processed) and the 88 action is fantastic. The acoustic sounds are my favorite. Only drawback is the size and weight.
Noise http://mp3.com/noisefuljoy

#73817 - 05/22/02 02:59 PM Re: Motif8 a worthwhile board?
Pashmee Offline

Did you get a Motif 8? I am a longtime PSR user and attended a Motf clinic at which I actually purchased a Motif 8 as an upgrade to my PSR 530. Since the unit had to be ordered, I had a week in which to do more research and thinking before actually taking the Motif home. In that week and subsequent days I decided to cancel the Motif purchase and go with a PSR 2000, because I rely heavily on the PSR's left hand accompaniment styles for impromptu playing. I'm not a very imaginative composer and like being able to whip up something on the fly without a lot of programming, sequencing, etc. Therefor the Motif was not the keyboard for me. But it was very tempting to get it at the very good price offered. If you like sequencing then I think the Motif will be fantastic for you. It certainly packs a great punch for the money. One bothersome omission on the Motif: no Tap tempo button.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online