SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73504 - 12/22/01 01:49 PM Worth getting the PSR2000?
JimJamJammin Offline

Loc: Surrey, England
I am thinking of getting a new keyboard. I scoured the Yamaha site looking at their keyboards, and found one that caught my interest - the Yamaha PSR2000. I have done a lot of research on this keyboard, including downloading sound samples of its demos. It's amazing how much prices can vary - although the recommended retail price is £1150, I have found it for £879.

I even took the time to travel to my local music shop, and managed to test a PSR2000 (it was their most expensive keyboard there!). However, I only got the chance to play it for about a minute, and had difficulty working out how to use it! The sound quality seemed great, but I have to admit I wasn't too impressed with the 'looks' of the keyboard. The PSR1000 below it looked a lot more attractive.

My main priority is sound quality. Do you think the PSR2000 has good sound quality in relation to other keyboards. Do you think I should generally buy the keyboard.

Feedback would be gratefully accepted.

-----------------------
Jamie Frost

[This message has been edited by JimJamJammin (edited 12-22-2001).]

#73505 - 12/23/01 12:51 AM Re: Worth getting the PSR2000?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Jamie,
I don't own a PSR 2000, but if you are interested you should check the General Arranger Forum: there is a lot of talk going on about this keyboard there.
Andrea

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online