Hello All,

I'm primarily a drummer. I will be buying an electronic kit to play around with, and hopefully start recording. I would like to buy an intro-level, but full featured, synthesizer in an attempt to try and create complementary instrument parts to create my own songs. Specifically, I'd like good sounds for bass, guitar (electric and acoustic), and brass (I play funk music mostly). In recording this synth, I'd like to have it sound like real people are playing these instruments.

I'd also like the ability to interface with a computer to utilize samples from software programs (playing them realtime with the keys if possible), and be able to record to computer.

I'm completely new when it comes to the realm of recording or synthesizers, so please advise me accordingly. I have a strong background in classical piano, and am trying to learn guitar and bass. I figure that my piano background will allow me to create songs quicker and faster at this point in time, though, and a synthesizer may be the best way to do so.

Thanks,
S