SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73437 - 01/03/00 01:43 AM DX21 and Soundblaster AWE 64 Value
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello and Happy New Year,

I wonder if someone can help me.

I have a Yamaha DX21 and a Soundblaster Awe64 Value soundcard.

I am desperate to be able to access the soundcard's voices via the DX's keyboard. I have a MIDI cable which I know plugs into the MIDI OUT from the keyboard into the soundcard, but I have no idea of how to set the keyboard and the card so that I can access the voices. Reading the manuals of both pieces of kit leaves me none the wiser

I realise that I'm asking for a step-by-step set of instructions, but if someone was able to supply me with this, I would be *extremely* grateful.

This is more or less my last resort, so I very much look forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

#73438 - 01/03/00 10:59 PM Re: DX21 and Soundblaster AWE 64 Value
Alvinc Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi,
You didn't say if you were using a "sequencer package" or not, if you are not, then I suggest that you try and find one. This will allow you to bring up the soundcards voices within the sequencer and make your choices from there.
You will need to have both the midi in and the midi out connected to your computer, this allows the seqencer to talk to the DX21
and vice versa.
There are many sequencers available i.e. Cakewalk, Cubase, Band in a Box etc. etc.
Some are easier to use than others, it all depends on your level of knowledge. But check these out and see if they are for you, some music magazines usually give away free sequencers i.e. Computer Music, see if you can get hold of a back copy that has a sequencer give away on it.
But, you will definately need to have some software that sits between your keyboard and your computer.
Hope this helps...

alvinc

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online