SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#73413 - 05/26/00 09:49 AM Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
Anonymous
Unregistered

On the DJx they have banks. What is this? how do I use it? what is it good for?

Does anybody know how to loop anything besides samples on the DJX?

Can you download Styles off the internet on to the DJX... if there is such a thing as more styles.

Did they ever make a new DJX... becuase I think they stop making the one I got and they made another one and calling it yamaha DJX also... Im pretty sure the did stop making the one I got though.

Whats the deal with the midi capabilities... whats so good about it... do any of you have your DJX hooked up with Midi... If so tell me How its making you life much better.

#73414 - 05/29/00 12:52 PM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
Anonymous
Unregistered

:{ I know somebody had to read this

#73415 - 05/30/00 12:21 PM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
DMC Offline

Loc: NY City
OK, now we are getting somewhere...

The synth voices are stored in banks (of voices). So when you want to select a new voice, you select a bank, then select a voice from the bank. You'll have to check the manual/data lists for the djx for more specifics as Im not familiar with the djx.Whats it good for? more banks equal more voices (usually).
You can loop anything. Besides samples, you can loop midi sequences(remember almost anything can be made into a sequence ie. notes, bars, phrases, chorus', even effects and control changes). Write out a 16 bar pattern/progression, then loop it to create a much longer song....
Styles? again Im not familiar w/djx, but if referring to the styles in xgworks the answer is no, none on the net(version 3.0 has more though).
Did they make a new djx? ....I dont know check with Toys-R-US (just had to get one in, couldn't resist).
midi capabilities? Well if you connect your DJX's midi output to the input of a MU128, then run an line from mu128 to a speaker and turn down the volume on the djx all the way, REALLY GOOD sounds will come out of the speaker...no joke....

keep asking question....
DudeManCentral

#73416 - 05/31/00 09:15 AM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok,

Does anybody know a web site were there is a lot of samples?.. i want vioce samples, I don't like to take .. lets say a violin and sample, loop it and add some drums and call it my beat even though i would like to hear diffrent type of samples other than forieqn hard to play instraments... But mainly im just lookin for vioce samples.. anybody think they can help me out...

#73417 - 06/01/00 11:24 AM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Maryland,

The midi is a wonderful tool. I would recommend the following uses for the DJX:

1) connecting to other instruments. Suppose you want to buy a newer machine and still like the some of the old djx voices, you can connect the two machines together, play on one and control the other. You can also buy proffesional sound module: small boxes that have good sounds but no keyboards. You will play from the DJX (DJX will be the controller), but you will be using the sound module voices or DJX vocies combined with sound module voices.

2) you can connect the DJX to a computer. There are many software (some for free) that will convert your computer to midi sequencer. With that, you can create and edit complex songs with multiple tracks. This will give you an edge when competing with others in the future. It does not cost much:

a) external midi adapter from game port: $25
b) midi cable: $5
c) sequencer software: (some are free).

Sequencing is fun and easy. It will expand your music.

I hope this helps.

#73418 - 06/01/00 03:47 PM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah all thats good, Thanks for the info... but does anybody know anything About Samples. Were can I gets some [ I hope that some one post a web page that has samples on it ]

anybody think they can help.

#73419 - 06/01/00 03:49 PM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah all thats good, Thanks for the info... but does anybody know anything About Samples. Were can I gets some [ I hope that some one post a web page that has samples on it ]

anybody think they can help.

I wana page that says somethin like... hmmmmm

Tornado horn
Wemon screaming
Dog barking
Wind
Rain
thunder storm
walkin
running
running real fast
Laughin....

suff along the line of things like that... would make me happy. Does any body think there is a web page or software program like that.

#73420 - 06/09/00 08:27 AM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
VFChris Offline

Loc: Acworth, GA USA
You could most likely find those on a sound effects cd. Usually get a couple hundred sounds per disk, and they're dead cheap. (say under $5.00)

Just ran a quick search, and this page may have what you're looking for...
http://soundamerica.com/

hope this helps.

#73421 - 06/10/00 09:16 PM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
At the winter NAMM show in February in California Yamaha showed me in a back room a new version of the DJX. All I can tell you is Wow! This product will make it's official debut at the summer NAMM show this July. It is loaded with more pro features including editing of samples and loops as well as more sophisticated midi capabilities. Keep your ears and eyes open for more info.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California.
PS. And yes it will still be called the DJX!
(Retired 2021)

#73422 - 06/11/00 04:00 PM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
Anonymous
Unregistered

A New DJX... I think the one you'r talkin about George is the one I was talkin about earlier ... but o well, theres nothin like old BetC aka big birtha

Happy to see them stop selling the one I got... Now I guess mines will become a collectors Item or somethin

#73423 - 06/12/00 09:46 AM Re: Can some one explain to me how to do somethin.
Anonymous
Unregistered

VFChris, YOU DA MAN.... Thanks dawg, thats just what I was lookin for... It had so many samples...

I downloaded that hammerhead Drum thigy ma-gig and made and copped about 21 drum sampling beats... and then you went and made my day bye posting that sight... then I downloaded about 140 of them sound effects and Realized I can only put 99 on one CD

That sight kicks gludious maximus ...
thanks alot.. If I could some how put money in your hand over the internet I probably would.... ahh who Am I kidding no I wouldn't.... but you still da man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online