SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73376 - 11/03/00 01:57 PM which keyboard should I buy?
springwood Offline

Loc: auburn, wa
I won't to buy a keyboard, and I don't know what to buy. I play piano(ok). My plans are to buy a keyboard to play in group. We are not proffecionals, but we would like to get somewhere there. I don't want to buy something cheap that I would have to soon buy a new one, but I think that maybe I don't need the best one too. Also what brand should I buy, which one is the best. sounds, drumbeat, and so I could record stuff in many layers, and also play live.(maybe both). I would like to record music and sing at church with it(plus to group). I don't even know what price I'm looking at. Right now we have a piano, and two guitars, and we sing in church, but we're thinking to buy keyboard, electric and bass guitars, and everything else.(but I don't know how it will go, it's kindof tuff(need money and know how to play it(its kindof different) Is there a cheap store. I looked over internet and found that if I buy keyboard in Europe it would be cheaper. I looked over keyboards and i liked a triton, but it is kind of expencive.maybe if it is a good keyboard I could spend more than 2. (i was planning for less than two). Also i think if I need a buildin speakers, if I would be using keyboard at home, or somewere else. Whats your suggestion. WHy does Korg trition costs more than other keyboards you listed. What exactrly is the stuff that is better in it. And what should I consider when buying a keyboard. I'm kind of afraid to buy lots of things that I will not use, but I also want a keyboard where I could write good songs. what do you think about new KOrg pe-80, i don't know,just asking. Is there A site where I could compare features of different keyboards. Thank you for help. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[This message has been edited by springwood (edited 11-03-2000).]

#73377 - 11/06/00 08:52 AM Re: which keyboard should I buy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go to: http://www.harmony-central.com/Synth/Data/
You'll find every synth ever made reviewed by actual musicians that use them.

Bruce

#73378 - 11/15/00 09:14 AM Re: which keyboard should I buy?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
There are important questions you need to answer first:

1) do you care for a synth functionality?
2) do you care for a full-fledged sequencer?
3) auto-accompaniment?
4) Hardrive,diskdrive?
5) 61keys? 76? 88? weighted?
6) built in speakers?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online