SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73094 - 01/19/00 06:27 PM Yamaha CS2X synth and Korg i40M???
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I want a new keyboard to go with my Korg sound module. I'm using a Yamaha PSR-330 now.
I'm thinking of a Korg X5D or Yamaha CS2X. The Yamaha has an arpeggiator, which I like, but does anyone know if sounds are like the other PSR keyboard sounds? The Yamaha sounds on my PSR-330 can rival some of the sounds on the Korg i40M. Any advice will be appreciated.

#73095 - 01/19/00 10:35 PM Re: Yamaha CS2X synth and Korg i40M???
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
Rattley,

How much do you want to spend on the keyboard? What features do you want on the new keyboard?

Paul Ip

#73096 - 01/20/00 07:33 AM Re: Yamaha CS2X synth and Korg i40M???
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Rattley,
The CS2X is a very good keyboard.
The original CS1X had outstanding analog synth sounds and 480 XG sounds (which are also on all the higher end PSR keybords. However, the panal voices on some of the Yamaha PSR keyboards were not on the CS1X so you would have had to do a lot of editing to get the sounds the way you might want to hear them.
On the new CS2X, Yamaha has included a third bank of voices in the performance mode, which allows up to four voices to be layered or split which are beautiful sounding and are all acoustic type sounds rather than analog. I also love having the 8 knobs which allow you to edit sounds quickly in real time.
The 2X also features 64 voice polyphony.
I am a dealer in California and I sell many of these keyboards to customers who need a more solid feeling keyboard with more pro features than you would find in a PSR keyboard. I also sell Korg keyboards and I really like the N5ex keyboard. It is in the same league as the CS2X but it is more expensive. I don't think the Korg X5D, which is an old keyboard, is in a league with either of the other two.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#73097 - 01/30/00 03:53 PM Re: Yamaha CS2X synth and Korg i40M???
izee Offline

Loc: michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Rattley,
the cs2x is an outstanding synth for anyone looking for a good home recording keyboard, and it is about 20 steps higher than the original cs1x.

#73098 - 02/01/00 04:27 PM Re: Yamaha CS2X synth and Korg i40M???
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Thanks all for your replies. I did buy a CS2X and it arrived today. The sounds are GREAT!!!!! They will compliment my Korg i40M perfectly. I can't wait to tinker some more with it!! I wonder what the CS6X will be like?.....................

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online