SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71571 - 08/17/00 07:04 AM CX5M???
PEO Offline

Loc: Vännäs, Sweden
Any users of the CX5M out there?

I am in the position of starting a site for this odd piece of music equipment. So if you have any info or links please mail me.

PEO!

#71572 - 08/17/00 09:26 AM Re: CX5M???
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
I had one of these about 6 yrs ago. A wonderful piece of kit at the time, and probably still so! I particularly liked the voice editing cartridge and used the composer cartridge quite a lot for performance backing tracks. Unfortunately I sold it, with regret now and so can't offer much in the way of advice, but I would like to find out how or if people are still using them!

Good luck!

Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#71573 - 08/31/00 09:33 PM Re: CX5M???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have one in excellent condition! I bought it new many years ago. I think I still have manual etc. I also have some copies of the yamaha newsletter/magazine called 'Aftertouch', some of which have articles and notes about the CX5M.

I haven't used mine much lately, but I have some good patches. I'd be interested in finding a floppy drive (FD-03 was it?), since I have had to back up everything to cassette tape, which is a huge pain.

I wish you luck in getting your site going. Let me know if you want copies of some of this stuff (or if you have ideas of how we could post patch files. ) I suppose I could scan some things etc., but I don't have a lot of time for such hobbies.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online