SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71315 - 01/29/05 05:26 PM Multiple Effect Type in XG
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm using the Yamaha SYXG50 SoftSynth and Winjammer to do a bit of MIDI dabbling... After finding some specifications on the XG format on the web, I have started playing with more advanced things like SysEx events and such, but I have run into a problem.

It is possible in XG to set the -type- of Reverb and Chorus, but I can only seem to have one active at a time. Is it possible to use more than one at once; for example, to have one channel use the "Flanger1" type Chorus, and have another use the "Celeste1" type? And are SysEx events the only way to use these settings, or can it be done though controllers somehow?

Thanks!

#71316 - 01/30/05 02:25 PM Re: Multiple Effect Type in XG
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
There are several effects you can use with Multi-Part that are channel specific, like setting the Reverb and Chorus depth, Vibrato, filters and EG for example, but you are stuck with one effect type per DSP. There are three on the SYXG50 and you can assign them to three different channels. This is all done through sysex. All you can do with the controllers is change the send levels for Reverb and Chorus.

Bryan

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online