SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#70157 - 04/05/10 12:56 PM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Not sure, Roger. I did try a Technote floppy of Glenn Miller arrangements and found them not very good. I had to rework them to death. I don't know if this is any of Neil's work or not.

In America, we shop around for the best deal. Gas can cost as much as 50 cents a gallon more at some stations. This applies to everything else price wise when making a purchase - we shop around for the best deal.

Mark

#70158 - 04/05/10 03:21 PM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
As the seller gives the name of 'NEIL BLAK' I'm wondering whether it is a genuine site as I cannot imagine this well known and respected man trying to sell 'freebies.' He doesn't need to, as he has literally hundreds of his own songs to offer and for all makes of instruments.

Hopefully, Neil will read this posting and input his reply.

Roger, as you know, I live in a village and within a 12 mile radius of my home, there are three private garages all selling petrol at different prices, two of which are cheaper than our local Supermarket. The difference being as much as 7p per litre. So it would seem cheaper petrol is available from other sources, depending on where you live. I have to admit I cannot understand how prices can vary so much, after all if the barrel price is the same, why aren't the pump prices the same?

Audrey

#70159 - 04/06/10 03:46 AM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
This is the page in question Audrey :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pre-loaded-SD-card...=item2c5115ad2e

Scroll down and you will see the list of styles. Strawberry Music Ltd. is Neil Blake's website.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#70160 - 04/06/10 08:47 AM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
This reply is from Neil Blake. He is unable to access his account on the SJ and Nigel is not allowing any new registrations at this time. He asked me to post this info for you people here in the Technics Forum. signed Bebop
Hi Bill. For some reason I can't log in to Synthzone and need to reregister - but they're not accepting new registration! I was trying to answer with the following (would you be so kind as to post this reply on my behalf please?).....

Just had this thread pointed out to me. Sorry if any confusion has been caused by our listing for the SD PRE LOADED CARD stating you can only get those styles from us. Of course these are available from other websites free, but when we took over TECHNOTE, we also took over their entire range (including the Glen Miller one which someone was slating off - not one of ours but one of Technote's that one).

The SD card with the Technics styles on was cleared with Panasonic by Technote before they were available on the net free of charge, and as we paid many thousands of pounds for the Technote library of software, we have obviously continued selling these at the RRP originally set by Technote. I can't offer software free of charge when its our main business (we do have plenty of free samples to download on our sites). Hope this clears up the question of why we charge for them (we did not get them for free!)

As for the "neilblak" user name on eBay - yes it is indeed me - I think at the time of registering I couldn't have the full name "neilblake" for some reason.

Hope this clears up any questions. Anyone wanting any info or questions answering, I would be glad to. Here is my email address - neil.blake@virgin.net - telephone number (UK) 01709 850864, and our two main websites are www.kn7000.com
(the old Technote one) and also www.stylediskwarehouse.com

One further point - someone mentioned that the core of my business was "tweaking" Technics styles then selling them. Not these days! Most of our software was created from the metronome upwards - all brand new styles totally different from the onboard ones (unless otherwise stated in our literature like our budget range "Great Composers etc")

Keep up the good work with the forums.

Neil

All the best,
Neil Blake
STYLE DISK WAREHOUSE www.stylediskwarehouse.com
www.kn7000.com
www.stylediskwarehouse.com
TEL: 01709 850864 (UK)

#70161 - 04/06/10 04:16 PM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks for that Bill. I went to the site and was more than a little surprised at what I saw.

However, coming back to this Forum, I read Bebop's posting of Neil's message which of course, explains everything and I have to say that whilst at first glance, his SD Card does seem expensive, I seem to remember paying Technote £59.99 for a pre-loaded styles SD Card and it isn't even a full one, so in comparison, Neil's card isn't expensive.

I still have all my receipts for the various floppies and cards bought from Technote and I daren't tell you how much they all add up to, but I suspect you will know. Having said that, I have had so much pleasure playing them on various keyboards (including some of Neil's) over the years that, to me, they are worth every penny.

Anyway, glad the confusion has been sorted.

Audrey

#70162 - 04/07/10 08:36 AM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
kitkat Offline

The confusion has been sorted but now that Neil knows they are available FREE, one would think he would take them off eBay. This especially applies to: “THIS ITEM IS ONLY AVAILABLE FROM US. You cannot get it anywhere else in the world. If you see this item advertised ANYWHERE else please let us know! Anyone copying these styles and selling them WILL BE PROSECUTED (as successfully done last year)"

#70163 - 04/07/10 11:31 AM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Would you, Mark, if you'd paid a lot of money for that data and found you weren't the 'best deal'...?

#70164 - 04/09/10 09:18 AM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
kitkat Offline

Now that Neil knows it is available FREE, it is somewhat acceptable to sell it but you can't always win with an investment. He needs to remove the statement that it is only available from him and stating that others will be prosecuted if found elsewhere.

Let's drop it. You and others and I have made our point.

#70165 - 04/09/10 03:11 PM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I dare say Bill and Neil can sort it out between them or even better...less said sooner mended. Shame the subject was brought up really...!

#70166 - 04/13/10 03:31 PM Re: WHO IS NEIL BLAK?
Neil Blake Offline

Loc: U.K
I've removed the part that says its only available from us. Wouldn't have put it on there if I'd known they were freely available. All the other stuff that states this IS indeed only available from us - or it had better be! :-O

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online