SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6793 - 02/26/03 07:18 PM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Well, I think you're in luck Cloakboy cos I'm sure there's a thread somewhere in the archives that gives advice to anyone who wants to rid their microphones of nasty odours!

#6794 - 02/27/03 12:15 AM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
MRT1212 Offline

Loc: Foster City
FAEbGBD, the only people who do that are reactionary idiots.

#6795 - 02/27/03 01:30 AM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
...and the flames begin.

#6796 - 02/27/03 08:30 AM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I was going to keep out of this but, in the end, I can not;

I personally will never forget 9/11. Terrorism has become over the past 20 years a serious threat to world peace. It looks to me we have threats on two fronts now. N. Korea and Irag. Saddam is a mad man. There have been several Iragis who have escaped the country to tell about the great oppresion Saddam is laying on his people. There are many other Middle-Eastern leaders in the world who agree Saddam is bad for peace in the region. Look what he did to Kuwait in the late 80's and 90's. Then he blew up all those oil wells on his way out. C'mon people. I know many of you don't like the president. That's ok. I can handle that. I personally like him. I do not want to see another 9/11. I will NEVER forget. While I wasn't close friends with any of the lost in 9/11 I did know several people. I can't tell you how hard I cried at the sight of the towers colapsing. I believe Saddam is working with Osama. That both are bent on destructing the US. or "the great satan" as they put it. I think the N. Korean leader is onlt taking advantage of the tough position our country is in.

I served the country from 80-83. I was completely ready to die for the freedom of those 400 some odd hostages in Iran back in 80. I wasn't in Vietnam. And I certainly do not like the way Vietnam was handled nor the way "our country" treated the returning Vets. It's a disgrace what happened back then. But I do not think we are handling Irag as we did Vietnam. Things are different now as far as warfare goes. I'm backing Bush. I won't forget 9/11. Besides there are millions of Iragis who are right now oppressed by this madman. People's children get their eyes plucked out of their heads infrom of their families if they do not practically worship Saddam. Every household most display a picture of Saddam.

Shall we have a law where everyone of us must display a picture of Mr. Bush?

I am not a fighting man. But we should be defenders of the innocent, the widows, and the fatherless.... All of which are being created everyday in Irag by a madman.

If we can end this peacefully, I'd be so relieved. But the UN set mandates. and they've all be broken... Now what? If the UN does nothing about it, they are useless. We would send a message to any would be madman dictator that they can get away with murder.

Bob
<><

#6797 - 02/27/03 08:46 AM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
Cloakboy Offline

^^^^There are many points where you're wrong. I find it amusing that the type of people who support Bush always have this oversimplified view of the world.

But one thing I want to point out specifically is that Iraq is not a threat to us, Al Qaeda is. Furthermore, Iraq is a secular state, whereas Al Qaeda is a fundamentalist religious organization. There is no known link between the two, and lumping them together is just Bush's way of distracting people away from the failed war on "terrism."

Now I won't argue that Saddam is bad for the Iraqi people, but George H.W. Bush is the one that left him in power. His administration promised a group of rebels U.S. support after the Gulf War to topple Hussein. However, when the Gulf War did end, he renigged that offer, and Hussein slaughtered these people, who were damn near defenseless without the US weapons and financial support that they were promised.

I'm going on longer than I meant to, but one last thing I want to point out, Hussein and Bin Laden are both monsters of the US's, specifically the Republican's, making. All the chemical weapons you're afraid of Hussein having were given to him by the Reagan Administartion during the Iran/Iraq war. Bin Laden was trained by our CIA to fight against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan during the Reagan Administartion. GW Bush could've had Hussein toppled from within, but didn't, letting him linger until we are in the situation we are now in today.

#6798 - 02/27/03 10:59 AM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
tekminus Offline

"Fool me once..eh shame on you?"

In a hundred years, Bush will be remembered as one of the joke presidents, just like Reagan. Reagan already started a war on terrorism in his day. Then he went ahead and started the Contras, while the head of CIA, Bush Sr. was busy training Bin Ladin and Co. Or something

-tek

#6799 - 02/27/03 11:28 AM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
It doen't matter which administration did what . The Republicans did this , the Democrats did that . We keep flipping around between the two and EACH of them as are equally as useless as the other . Alot of people say that this is all about oil , and for the most part , it's true .
The best way to end this is to get away from oil and leave those countries as they are , festering third world shitholes .

Electric cars have been made and studied since the 1920s . There is absolutely NO excuse as to why these cars are not ALREADY perfected and in FULL use . You vote republican and they do nothing , you vote democrat and they do nothing . They each take money from the huge oil companies to keep those cars on the road .

One of the things this country is great at is planned obsolesence . If none of you saw this coming 20 or more years ago , you are bigger fools than I take you for .

This is gonna end badly , those that were stupid enough to vote for Bush are gonna regret it . Then perhaps we can flip again and the democrat morons will be voted in and we can watch something else get screwed up .

The best way to hurt these people is finacially . Reduce how much you spend on gas , stop buying those SUV's for that fat ass wife of yours and buy something that is a hybrid or really good on gas .

This country is a nation of users , we will go to war with Iraq , we will take there oil , and we may even take the oil from the rest of the area .

Does it really matter to any of you , how may of you or you're friends bought that big SUV so you're fat ass wife can go to the mall ? It's all about looking good right ? Nothing you or I do could possibly matter to the rest of the world right ? We are going to war for you !

#6800 - 02/27/03 03:43 PM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I think it's time to wipe.........3 squares PLEASE!

#6801 - 02/27/03 04:19 PM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
Cloakboy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 800dv:
It doen't matter which administration did what . The Republicans did this , the Democrats did that . We keep flipping around between the two and EACH of them as are equally as useless as the other .

While I'm anti-Republican, I am by no means pro-Democrat. However, when it comes to the issue of the Middle East, Republican administrations have made things worse, while Democratic ones only havne't made them any better. (Even though some pro-Democrat people will argue that Clinton made the most progress between Israel and Palestine, although personally I think that had more to do with the Israeli administration at the time than Clinton).

#6802 - 02/27/03 04:59 PM Re: Bush vs. Saddam//A Debate?
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
The main theme is that we are in need of some very big changes . Some of these changes will put career politicians out of office , and make some very large companies go out of business . So be it . You and I and the rest of the people here are the ones that can make the change happen . It all starts with you and you're spending , then voting . Our government needs to have the people kick it where it hurts .

Then , maybe in the future there will not be wars over worthless land and oil .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online