SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6769 - 06/04/03 10:57 AM Re: I've made up my mind on what synth do buy.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually I don't play with the Omni. The reason why I got it was becuse I got a good deal on it from a Pawn Shop for $150.00. I was told by a musical instrument dealer that I should hold onto it. I have had it since 1994. The Axee since 1999.

So what your telling me then is too look for the older analog synths. Like the ones you listed instead of buying latter gear?

So Buy a Juno instead of the JP8000?

#6770 - 06/04/03 07:09 PM Re: I've made up my mind on what synth do buy.
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I would say you would get a better price on a JUNO-6 , JUNO-60 , JUNO-106 than you would on a JP-8000 .
You can get a ROLAND SH-32 for less than a JP-8000 . The SH-32 is $ 495.00 brand new and a JP-8000 is around $600 - $650 used .
You could get a KORG DELTA for around $250.00 . I like the VA synths , don't get me wrong . I have a KORG MS-2000 , OBERHEIM OB-12 , REDSOUND DARKSTAR XP-2 , ROLAND SH-32 , and a NOVATION K-STATION as far as VA synthesizers and I love them all . I think you would enjoy a JUNO or a KORG POLY-6 or a KORG DELTA . Easy on the wallet and great sounds .

#6771 - 06/04/03 08:36 PM Re: I've made up my mind on what synth do buy.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay 800dv I will do that. Thank you for your help, and advice.

#6772 - 06/04/03 08:45 PM Re: I've made up my mind on what synth do buy.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Incidently 800dv, How did you know that I don't have a lot of money too spend on a synthesizer? Just courious.

#6773 - 06/05/03 08:41 AM Re: I've made up my mind on what synth do buy.
800dv Offline

You were saying in one of the other posts about the missing Minimoog that the $350.00 that was basically stolen from you was all the expendable cash you had at the time . I'm assuming that you live alone and you have to pay all you're bills yourself .
I know I keep bringing this one up but the REDSOUND DARKSTAR XP-2 is now $139.99 at Guitar Center . My brother went and got one , so now we have 2 of them .
I have been ripped off on EBAY too , honestly I don't think you will get you're money back .

I had a guy in Canada rip me off for $600.00 for an old YAMAHA CS-50 . He said it worked great and had no modifications . When I got it , it looked like a damn 3 year old kid packed it . Plus , he drilled holes all over the front panel to put in 1/4 inch patch points to bypass the front panel signal routings . He even bolted on an old MXR ten band graphic eq guitar pedal and ran the output into it and ran the output of the pedal back indside and drilled an audio output on the left side wooden panel .

I have never seen such a jackass gypsy dildo cluster **** operation like what this idiot had done . It still didn't even work . There were NO oscillator cards inside . Ebay is starting to have a lot of people ripping others off . So far there is no way to get them back .

My rules - If the price is too good to be true - it ain't true !
If the seller is over seas , he can keep it !
If they don't answer questions , or act like they hate answering questions , I don't buy it . I will not not pay money just to have some gypsy dildo treat me badly , hell I can get that for free .

#6774 - 06/05/03 08:59 AM Re: I've made up my mind on what synth do buy.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok lets say for arguments sake, Just kidding.
Supposed I do buy a red sound, I can get a keybord controller to connect to it right? Becuse that's would be the main reason for buying one.

As for Ebay, yea if it is too good to be true it isn't. Most of the peoeple that I have bought stuff from through ebay all lived in the US and where fairly decent people. The Arp AXXE for example came from a woman in Alaska and was in the same shape as desribed. That was for $250.00 which at the time was the average price for one.

I think from no one I will be more carefull who I give money too.

#6775 - 06/05/03 10:33 AM Re: I've made up my mind on what synth do buy.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes I do live alone 800dv. I am still hesatent about shelling out money right now for any synth. I guess I am still bummed about getting burned on the minimoog, and not getting my money back.

I think I am getting tired of all this waiting. I want something now not several days from now. Maybe I will go check out the Dark Star.

#6776 - 06/05/03 08:24 PM Re: I've made up my mind on what synth do buy.
800dv Offline

Yep , getting burned on a deal is not cool at all . Also , yes , the REDSOUND is a module and can be controlled by any MIDI keyboard . The price that it is now , it can't be beat . It's just a straight 8 voice synthesizer . It has no ridiculous features like 128 note polyphony , multi track sequencer , and it's not some boring sample regurgitator . It's very simple and straight forward like the ARP AXXE .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online