SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6496 - 03/08/03 06:46 AM Where do I find?
roney Offline

Loc: warren, pa usa
Hello
Where could I find music for "Lucky Man' by ELP. I'm a beginner and having trouble picking out the synth lead part at the end of the song. Also, I saw a band last weekend that was supported by a small Korg keyboard and a Yamaha sequencer. The drummer said he downloaded all the sequencer tracks from the internet? Enjoy reading the general discussion page.
Thanks

#6497 - 03/12/03 10:21 AM Re: Where do I find?
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Lucky Man: Key G
Verses: G / D/F#bass
Chorus: A..Em..D
As for the lick at the tail end, it's based from D. It's easier to listen to it note by note, take it apart, and rebuild it to a playing form that you're comfortable with. There's a fair bit of joy stick work. If you sequence the lick...they will know.
Good Luck in your endeavours.

#6498 - 03/12/03 10:53 AM Re: Where do I find?
Catsailor Offline

Roney,

You can find quite a few midi files of "Lucky Man" on the internet. Just go to a midi search engine and type the title in. You may find exactly the version by ELP that you are looking for. They are free downloads.

Peter

#6499 - 03/19/03 01:56 AM Re: Where do I find?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, Yeah I guess there really are quite a few versions. That's a Moog lead BTW. I' have a bunch of ELP .mid files. Had to edit corrections to just about every one of them though. I will tell ya one thing, don't judge a .mid file by its intro on the net. The intro's are commonly the finest authoring of most works. people get lazy, plus the kids, the wife, the in-laws...you know. If a professional does all the work,it is likely to be much more complete and there will often be more substance and polyphony. Use an app that prints .mid files to new standard staffed music notation. Many do.
MORPH!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online