Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky:
Remember when I posted about spyware? People were reluctant to use adaware until so many had a crap load of spyware found with it here. Well, that version of adaware is too old to protect you now. If you scan with it and find nothing, it means nothing! Just like virus's spyware changes all the time. I got the newest version of adaware and found 23 spies on my pc after finding none with the older version. Newer spyware is more intense now, and it take less of them to bog down your pc! I have just 48 ram on this old pc, and 23 of them slowed me down to a crawl! I have version 5.83 now. I found out about the new version because believe it or not, a spyware program had deleted every trace of adaware off my pc except for a log folder! Unreal! So I went to get it again and found it was a newer version. It found spyware on my pc that date back more than a month ago, So be smart and protect yourself! Go to www.download.com and type in adaware in the search bar, and it comes up 1st. If you have a problem downloading it, click on the lavasoft link "the maker" and try one of the mirror link downloads. Man, that spyware thing ought to be illegal! What a pain. As of now though nothing is being done about it. help win the fight aagainst spayware and keep your pc clean of them. Make the jerks fight to be on our pc's. Its all we can do.
Tony

Thank you for posting, Sparky. I downloaded the program and found 156 componants.No wonder my pc was barely crawling,say nothing of public exposure.
Bernie