SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6425 - 01/15/03 08:23 PM Hammond XM-1 help...please?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there,

I have a slight problem...actually, its very troublesome...maybe someone could help?

I am having a problem with the XM-1 not allowing notes to be played without it cutting in and out and sounding like a horrible digital crunch. This happens when, for example, I play maybe as many as 9 notes with the Chorus enabled, as well as the Leslie on "fast". I get a few notes sounding, then it is just a crackling, crunching noise...kinda sounds like if you play through a speaker with blown horns.
I have to either shut the Leslie off, or play less notes to fix this problem. It also is a problem if the leslie simulator is off, but maybe the percussion selector is on, or maybe the vibrato...it seems to be a problem when it is anything other than just straight, plain organ. This really doesnt seem like something that should be happening.

I have not read about this problem anywhere else that talked about the XM-1, so I am hoping that it is something that 1)isnt "normal" and supposed to occur, and 2)something that I can get repaired.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a lot for your time.

#6426 - 01/23/03 12:27 PM Re: Hammond XM-1 help...please?
tekminus Offline

My old Roland Juno-106 used to do the same thing until I had the outputs changed. As soon as the volume hit a certain level it started to crackle. Maybe you have the same problem.

How old is your XM-1? My Juno was really worn down when I got it.

-tek

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online