SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#63295 - 11/12/03 01:46 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by ogre:
Thanks People for your re-actions.
For Johnnie C - On getting facts right. As I said I downloaded Vols 1, 2 and 3 but when I went back to the site a couple of days later these had disappeared,and today I still can't see them?
I think Rikki has a great idea in having more Latin, Jazz etc presets and putting a large choice of the modern styles in custom/memory/sd cards. As Walt in effect says, these generally have a pretty short shelf life.......
Sorry Alec, but your sample list of music just doesn't appeal - guess it's a case of one man's meat...... To me they just don't compare with the "standards" many of which go back nigh on 70 years and are still appealing.
Finally, I echo John C's appeal for GREAT LATINS. Just been listening to Dudley Moore's recordings in these styles and wishing that these could be transcribed as styles for my kn.

Ogre

YOU SAID "quote"
I've just re-visited the Technics site and these styles have been deleted with a note saying that the Kn2600 styles for Kn7000 are currently unavailable. I wonder why....

I SAID quote
you are wrong to say that the KN2600 styles for KN7000 have been deleted because that is incorrect, the reason being they have yet to be put up & have not been available
THESE ARE FACTS

what is a standard
is it a means by which to judge your age in which case you will only like music styles of music you remember from an age gone by like 60 to 70 years or more
What about them long haired lovers from Liverpool who's music was considered outrageous at the time by the middle aged fraternity
What about that idiotic gyrating indecent greatest rock singer of them all called Elvis Presley who shocked parents to take such drastic action as to not allow their children to even listen. RESULT not only standards but GREAT STANDARDS Oh! sorry I forgot BEETHOVEN

Please, don't preach to me about standards.

As for GREAT LATIN styles
a samba is a samba, a salsa is a salsa, and so on just how many styles of the same rhythm do you think there ought to be or better still just how many can you cope with or use.

#63296 - 11/12/03 03:16 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Alec,
in my enthusiasm over the new styles

where would we be without enthusiasm, Rikki?

#63297 - 11/14/03 11:15 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Johnnie,
What I meant was that the reference to vol 1, 2 and 3 had disappeared from the site. Whether the styles appeared under a slightly different description I haven't bothered to check.
On standards. My definition of these in popular music (as opposed to classical) is a song/melody which is almost everlasting - examples etc being from such as Berlin,Cole Porter/ Gershwin etc.
With regards to styles, these to me are the rhythm part of a song whether it be jazz, swing, waltz etc. As for sambas, and other Latins, while the basic rhythms are always the same, thus making it so easily identifiable as a samba etc,there are many variations that can be introduced to make each interestingly different while still retaining the basic Latin rhythmn, which is why we ask for "great new Latins." Much the same can be said of all rhythm styles.
As one of the middle aged fraternity I loved the music, and styles of the Beatles back in the early 60's, and rock when it was fresh and new,, but the latest garage etc with it's to me tuneless "melodies" and moronic rhythms - say no more. Soreee if I offend anyone

Ogre

PS give my love to Brixton. Used to work at Pride and Sharks on Saturdays as a part time motor cycle salesman. Are they still there?

#63298 - 11/14/03 12:16 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
What I meant was that the reference to vol 1, 2 and 3 had disappeared from the site.

you are quite wrong, the floppy disk versions are still there, the custom versions have never been put up yet, and nothing has been 'pulled' from the site.

#63299 - 11/15/03 10:38 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
ogre Offline

Just as well I've got an appointment with my optician next week ;o

ogre

#63300 - 11/15/03 11:43 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Hi Johnnie,
PS give my love to Brixton. Used to work at Pride and Sharks on Saturdays as a part time motor cycle salesman. Are they still there?

It was Pride & Clark & was in Stockwell Road
John Pride became chairman of Toyota UK

#63301 - 11/16/03 03:12 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Aint it a small world.. I also worked for Pride and Clark in the sixties (nineteen not eighteen) as Credit Controller. What a weird place that was..

Trevor

#63302 - 11/16/03 05:59 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
ogre Offline

Ain't it just. I was there 1959/60. It was known as Pride and Sharks cos the salesmen were all shark orientated. I should know. Iwas one of them albeit only part time. Best not go on about - I might get sued....

Ogre

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online