SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#63265 - 11/10/03 12:24 PM Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Guys
for all the kn7 style collectors ( goodies also for kn26,24 & current pr's ), check out the kn7 website, it appears we kn7 owners have some new styles
under the heading
"KN SD Card Pattern Library for KN7000"
"New KN2600 styles backup for KN7000" http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp

The page is being updated. I'm just in the middle of downloading the new styles.
Haven't quite worked out what the other downloads are yet.

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-10-2003).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63266 - 11/10/03 01:37 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

the site is not finished yet, when it is, all will be revealed

#63267 - 11/10/03 02:13 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Alec,
it's so exciting seeing things finally happening on the site again as there wasn't any activity there, for quite a few months.

We're probably best off waiting till the site is totally finished, so that we know what to download for our individual instruments, but unfortunately patience ( when it's something to do with music) has never been one of my virtues.

For the time being I only downloaded that one set of files ( kn2600 styles for the kn7)
the rest I decided to leave till the site was finished.

thanks so much Alec

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
the site is not finished yet, when it is, all will be revealed

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63268 - 11/10/03 02:29 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

have a listen to the strumming guitars and some of the new synth effects in the styles

#63269 - 11/10/03 02:57 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Ad Rouw Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Eager to listen to the "the strumming guitars and some of the new synth effects in the styles", but how the heck do I handle the .sdb extention???
Ad.

#63270 - 11/10/03 03:04 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Ad,
I guess use the K7 Song Manager software. Under SD manage you can load/restore the sdb-file to your SD-card.
Succes,
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad Rouw:
Eager to listen to the "the strumming guitars and some of the new synth effects in the styles", but how the heck do I handle the .sdb extention???
Ad.

#63271 - 11/10/03 03:26 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi technics7000.com team.
my compliments for the idea to offer the new styles in the 'restore'-format (sdb).
With less effort one can fill up very simple the SD with new/fine styles.
Great job, wel done
Cees

#63272 - 11/10/03 03:43 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
have a listen to the strumming guitars and some of the new synth effects in the styles

Alec, if you keep on like this, I probably have to
"blow my budget high over the hill" and go for a
new KN
GJ

...... oh well, it's nearly X-Mas, is'nt it ??
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#63273 - 11/10/03 04:23 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad Rouw:
Ad.

if you'd wait until the site is finished, then you'd know!

#63274 - 11/10/03 05:03 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Ad Rouw Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Okay, okay, I'll keep my peace, but please, don't tease me too long.....

#63275 - 11/10/03 07:47 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Alec,
awesome. The "velocity switch" sound edit is amazing on the guitars. At first I couldn't work out where the fret & thump noises were coming from as they didn't have their own accompaniment part . I then realized they were coming from the strumming guitar part itself.
So I checked the sound edit. Sure nuff, someones been doing some pretty tricky sound editing, Wonder who ???? ( haa haa)
Actually the guitar parts would make some pretty amazing pads.

I personally don't use a great deal in the way of Rock & Modern Dance styles ( even though I've bought & collected them over the years). Having said that, the Modern Dance styles have some amazing sounds. The ballads are really lovely and will come in handy and the strumming styles are great.

I'm off, back to the keyboard and the sound edits ( one's never too old to learn something new).

thank you
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63276 - 11/11/03 09:16 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Rikki,
the strumming guitars were first seen on one of the score in the screen/slideshow/composer demos that came on the cd enclosed with the 'Getting The Most From Your KN7000' book.

#63277 - 11/11/03 09:31 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Alec.. Is there a comparable 'strumming guitar' sound for the kn6000 ?
thnx,
t.

#63278 - 11/11/03 09:59 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Just been playing through Vols 1, 2 and 3 of the Kn2600 Custom styles for the 7000 downloaded from the Technics site a couple of days ago. Now I know you can fool some of the people some of the time but apart from one, these 45 styles were to me just plain rubbish,and would have been a complete put off if they had been on the 7000. I can only assume that the 2600 is a scaled down version of the 7000 aimed at the younger musically illiterate end of the market. Having said all that, some of the intros and endings were interesting and there were some great and clever edited sounds and effects.
I've just re-visited the Technics site and these styles have been deleted with a note saying that the Kn2600 styles for Kn7000 are currently unavailable. I wonder why....
My interest is in jazz/swing and some Latin, mainly bossa nova, and I don't understand why some of these styles were duplicated from the Kn6/6500. If Technics programmers have run out of inspiration, I would suggest they listen to the drum/bass of the likes of say Oscar Peterson and Dudley Moore.
Is it worth my while downloading the Kn SD Card Patterns Library for the 7000 or is this more of the garage, hip hip, rock rubbish?
Incidentaly there was talk on the forum a little while back when Alec mentioned there was something great coming out from Technics for the 7000. Any news of this Alec?
Ogre.
PS Feel much better for getting this orf my chest. Nothing like stirring the pot ;}

#63279 - 11/11/03 12:02 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Alec,
how embarressing ( haahaa), I must have missed that. Better get the cd back out and check it out.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Hi Rikki,
the strumming guitars were first seen on one of the score in the screen/slideshow/composer demos that came on the cd enclosed with the 'Getting The Most From Your KN7000' book.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63280 - 11/11/03 12:15 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by ogre:
Just been playing through Vols 1, 2 and 3 of the Kn2600 Custom styles for the 7000 downloaded from the Technics site a couple of days ago. Now I know you can fool some of the people some of the time but apart from one, these 45 styles were to me just plain rubbish,and would have been a complete put off if they had been on the 7000. I can only assume that the 2600 is a scaled down version of the 7000 aimed at the younger musically illiterate end of the market. Having said all that, some of the intros and endings were interesting and there were some great and clever edited sounds and effects.
I've just re-visited the Technics site and these styles have been deleted with a note saying that the Kn2600 styles for Kn7000 are currently unavailable. I wonder why....
My interest is in jazz/swing and some Latin, mainly bossa nova, and I don't understand why some of these styles were duplicated from the Kn6/6500. If Technics programmers have run out of inspiration, I would suggest they listen to the drum/bass of the likes of say Oscar Peterson and Dudley Moore.
Is it worth my while downloading the Kn SD Card Patterns Library for the 7000 or is this more of the garage, hip hip, rock rubbish?
Incidentaly there was talk on the forum a little while back when Alec mentioned there was something great coming out from Technics for the 7000. Any news of this Alec?
Ogre.
PS Feel much better for getting this orf my chest. Nothing like stirring the pot ;}

You would do well to get your facts right when making a statement because you are wrong to say that the KN2600 styles for KN7000 have been deleted because that is incorrect, the reason being they have yet to be put up & have not been available period.also just because you don't like the modern rhythms does not necessarily mean that they are rubbish.
Some people are never satisfied you get something for nothing & all you want to do is slag them off.
I don't particularly like everything that comes with the KN
but then it would be a bit boring if all that was in the box was the sort of styles that you promote
The pot simmers

#63281 - 11/11/03 01:00 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Ogre,
I'm only guessing, but I would say that these styles are new to the kn2600.
I had a brief play on kn26 a few weeks back, and I noted at the time that there were a number of styles I had never heard before modern ones like rock, pop etc, . The rest sounded very familiar ie the jazz, latin etc. The kn26 on the whole, still seemed to have an overall mix of styles similar to what the kn7 has.
The KN7 itself has a mix of styles including rock, pop, modern dance ( most of which I hardly use, either) but I suppose they have to have them for the players that do.
(an old saying springs to mind " one man's trash is another man's treasure" )

Personally I thought it was great that the trouble was taken to convert these styles for use on the kn7, no mean feat as a lot of time would have been spent on sound edits etc. Even though I doubt I'll get much use from the Rock & Modern Dance styles, the ballads are really nice & useable, and the strumming styles, intriguing..

On a different note, I for one, would be happy if technics programmers on future keyboards would cut down on the number of modern inbuilt styles & give us additional new Latin, Jazz & Swing, Movie, Easy Listening type styles, and put the more modern styles in the custom memory/sd card, where you have the option keeping them in the custom memory, or loading something else over the top of them.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ogre:
[

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-11-2003).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63282 - 11/11/03 01:14 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Alec.. Is there a comparable 'strumming guitar' sound for the kn6000 ?
thnx,
t.

afraid not, these were first created on the 7000.

#63283 - 11/11/03 01:44 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
According to Alec, this site isn't ready yet. With that in mind we should wait until it's finished before doing any downloading and commenting.

EX: The KN2600 has 170 rhythms patterns. The website listed 3 disk sets, 20+20+5=45, what happened to other 125? Because the site isn't finished, it could mean there's more to follow or it could mean the other 125 are already on prior models and no need to repeat these. I'm pretty sure when this is all done there will be explanations.

I think it's great that, that site is getting activity, but since it's not finished as of yet, lets wait until it is before jumping in the swimming pool with not enough water in it.

Anthony

#63284 - 11/11/03 04:11 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
It just goes to show you that "You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time".
It has always been like that and,I guess, always will be.
I agree with Rikki in that I would like more easy going and dance band styles native to the keyboard. I believe that the keyboard should reflect the use of the standards of music that have been proven with time.
In the past, there have been all kinds of experimental and "modern" type music and little of it has suvived the test of time. Some of the current 'noise' will stay, but most will fade slowly fade away to be replaced with something else "new".
Through all this, you can be sure that the "Old Standards" will still still be around and will be popular.
Just my thoughts,
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 11-11-2003).]

#63285 - 11/11/03 04:25 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi All,

I have read with great interest your comments on the new styles available on the KN7 site and note that it isn't complete yet. My question is - does anyone have any idea when it will be complete? Will it be before Christmas?

Personally, I can't wait as any new styles etc., are welcome modern or otherwise. I have to say I have my preferences but then I take my favourite songs and play them using modern backings i.e: rock, heavy metal and the like and believe me you can transform the oldies bringing them bang up to date (A 'makeover' I think is the modern word for it) Of course, some of my oldies sound really rubbishy with the modern styles, but who cares? It's great fun trying them all out isn't it?

Keep em coming lads, is what I say!

Aud

#63286 - 11/11/03 04:38 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

It's obvious the 2600/2400 were aimed at a younger market, with styles suitable for more contemporary songs. Personally I won't be using the garage, hip hop styles etc much either. Nevertheless if you can't appreciate playing American Pie, Tears in Heaven, Everything I Do I Do It For You, Hotel California, How Deep is Your Love, All By Myself, etc you're missing some of the best ballad styles available, period. Likwise more up tempo numbers such as Rosanna, Believe, Waterloo, YMCA, It's a Sin etc. They are all in these new styles, which even the most cursory examination will reveal.

#63287 - 11/12/03 02:12 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
MarkW Offline

As one of the younger (ish - I'm in my mid 30s) members I think it's good that Technics are taking steps to appeal to the younger market. For example, I was pleased to see some of the more modern styles on the KN7000 such as the House and Europop styles. I play a couple of songs by Sash that I use these for. I like the strong on the beat vs. off the beat sound you get on some of the Europop styles.

I also play Rock, Metal, Blues, 60s, 70s, 80s stuff as well, so it's good to have a broad range of styles.

To me, it sometimes seems like the Technics keyboards are not addressing the more modern musical tastes as comprehensively as some of the other manufacturers' keyboards do. I think it's good that Technics have presumably realised that this is an area of the market for them that they would like to address better than they have done up until now.

Cheers,
Mark.

#63288 - 11/12/03 03:01 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Originally posted by MarkW:

To me, it sometimes seems like the Technics keyboards are not addressing the more modern musical tastes as comprehensively as some of the other manufacturers' keyboards do.

I feel Mark has a good point. Technics styles are good, they're for my kind of music, Jazz, 2step, Big Band. But the Latins and Rock are only fair IMHO. I feel having GOOD styles in these two areas would make my KN7000 complete.

Does any one know where I can get GREAT LATINS, and some GOOD Rock styles?

Thanks, John C.

#63289 - 11/12/03 10:48 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
ogre Offline

Thanks People for your re-actions.
For Johnnie C - On getting facts right. As I said I downloaded Vols 1, 2 and 3 but when I went back to the site a couple of days later these had disappeared,and today I still can't see them?
I think Rikki has a great idea in having more Latin, Jazz etc presets and putting a large choice of the modern styles in custom/memory/sd cards. As Walt in effect says, these generally have a pretty short shelf life.......
Sorry Alec, but your sample list of music just doesn't appeal - guess it's a case of one man's meat...... To me they just don't compare with the "standards" many of which go back nigh on 70 years and are still appealing.
Finally, I echo John C's appeal for GREAT LATINS. Just been listening to Dudley Moore's recordings in these styles and wishing that these could be transcribed as styles for my kn.

Ogre

#63290 - 11/12/03 11:28 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I don't know about others, but I declined on the 7000 in favor of the 2600. The reason: the freshness of the styles. The 7000 brought to mind the 6000/6500, since I had owned both. With the interest in and diversity of preferences for styles expressed here, I'm still intrigued by how decisions are made by programmers, or their employers, on which styles will be available or included in a new board; how simple or complex; the instrument selection within styles; traditional vs contemporary; responding to requests and interest from consumers; comparisons to the competition; and a host of other issues. Guess we'll always be in the dark until each new upgrade appears.

#63291 - 11/12/03 11:39 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
when I went back to the site a couple of days later these had disappeared,and today I still can't see them?
Ogre

you're wrong about the web site, things have been incrementally added, nothing has been pulled, and if you downloaded the 3 floppy disk versions they are still there as they have always been, and I shall repeat yet again the site is not finished yet.

Naturally everyone has their own taste in music. However saying that styles don't appeal for your type of music is quite different to a judgement of the intrinsic quality of styles.

#63292 - 11/12/03 12:16 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

What's that they say about a gift horse! I recall just a week or so ago people were talking about having to buy styles. Here we have a bunch of free ones and people are complaining! If you don't like them don't use them but why knock them.

I seldom play a real song using a Techno Style for example but I will push the button, pull up a great sounding set synth sounds and just start playing.

What comes out may not be something I'd want any of you to hear but it sure feels good to play it at the time.

And since I'm not blessed with an SD card what would really be great is if we could load the styles we like into memory as built ins in the first place. With the addition of a USB port we should be able to connect any SD reader to the keyboard. Download the styles we want and disgard the ones we don't. Of course we can't.

Finally, of course the "old standards" sound better to someone who grew up with them. I like them because my father played them on the piano in the bars.

But to me many of the songs Alec mentioned are standards or will be 30 years from now.

Having been a mobile DJ the reason I quit is because people have developed such narrow listen habbits. If we played 2 country songs in a row the big band people would grown. Play 2 rock songs and the country people would grown. Play two Rap songs in a row and everyone growned except the kids.

Remember back in the old days when they only made two keyboards the piano and the pump organ. If you've been to the Steven Foster Museum you know that even that is not true. They had a piano with 5 sets of keys.

We all have diferent tastes so let's cut eachother some slack and appreaciate the hard work that's gone into the new FREE site.

Thanks Alec and Chris!

"And pay the man behind the curtain no mind!"

Heather

#63293 - 11/12/03 01:13 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi John,
sometimes I really miss the old days going back to the kn2,3,5's. Technote used do some great styles for those keyboards, I especially loved the Americana series of style disks. The disks weren't cheap ( at the time. I had to order them from the UK as they weren't available locally) but I didn't mind paying for them, it was like xmas when they'd finally arrive, and I'd eagerly go through all the new styles. I really enjoyed the " Strictly" series also titles like strictly ballroom, strictly latin. At least you were getting the type of styles you liked instead of having to buy a disk with a mix of styles ranging in anything from techno to a vienesse waltz.

Don't quite know what happened in the years between my kn5 & kn7 ( I dropped the music for about 4 years) but it's a bit dissapointing that styles don't appear to be being written anymore.

Admittedly the old styles do load into the kn7, but they don't seem to sound as good as they did on the old keyboards at the time.

Maybe nowadays with the internet, people expect to be able to get styles for free, whereas a proffessional style writer would have to make a living. Maybe that's the reason for the lack of new proffesional styles.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bruno123:

Does any one know where I can get GREAT LATINS, and some GOOD Rock styles?

Thanks, John C.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63294 - 11/12/03 01:34 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Alec,
apologies, in my enthusiasm over the new styles on the kn7 site, I appear to have caused you a few headaches ( sorry, it was not my intention) with you having to repeat the following message

"the site is not finished yet"

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by technicsplayer:
[B]the site is not finished yet

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#63295 - 11/12/03 01:46 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Thanks People for your re-actions.
For Johnnie C - On getting facts right. As I said I downloaded Vols 1, 2 and 3 but when I went back to the site a couple of days later these had disappeared,and today I still can't see them?
I think Rikki has a great idea in having more Latin, Jazz etc presets and putting a large choice of the modern styles in custom/memory/sd cards. As Walt in effect says, these generally have a pretty short shelf life.......
Sorry Alec, but your sample list of music just doesn't appeal - guess it's a case of one man's meat...... To me they just don't compare with the "standards" many of which go back nigh on 70 years and are still appealing.
Finally, I echo John C's appeal for GREAT LATINS. Just been listening to Dudley Moore's recordings in these styles and wishing that these could be transcribed as styles for my kn.

Ogre

YOU SAID "quote"

I SAID quote
you are wrong to say that the KN2600 styles for KN7000 have been deleted because that is incorrect, the reason being they have yet to be put up & have not been available
THESE ARE FACTS

what is a standard
is it a means by which to judge your age in which case you will only like music styles of music you remember from an age gone by like 60 to 70 years or more
What about them long haired lovers from Liverpool who's music was considered outrageous at the time by the middle aged fraternity
What about that idiotic gyrating indecent greatest rock singer of them all called Elvis Presley who shocked parents to take such drastic action as to not allow their children to even listen. RESULT not only standards but GREAT STANDARDS Oh! sorry I forgot BEETHOVEN

Please, don't preach to me about standards.

As for GREAT LATIN styles
a samba is a samba, a salsa is a salsa, and so on just how many styles of the same rhythm do you think there ought to be or better still just how many can you cope with or use.

#63296 - 11/12/03 03:16 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Alec,
in my enthusiasm over the new styles

where would we be without enthusiasm, Rikki?

#63297 - 11/14/03 11:15 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
ogre Offline

Hi Johnnie,
What I meant was that the reference to vol 1, 2 and 3 had disappeared from the site. Whether the styles appeared under a slightly different description I haven't bothered to check.
On standards. My definition of these in popular music (as opposed to classical) is a song/melody which is almost everlasting - examples etc being from such as Berlin,Cole Porter/ Gershwin etc.
With regards to styles, these to me are the rhythm part of a song whether it be jazz, swing, waltz etc. As for sambas, and other Latins, while the basic rhythms are always the same, thus making it so easily identifiable as a samba etc,there are many variations that can be introduced to make each interestingly different while still retaining the basic Latin rhythmn, which is why we ask for "great new Latins." Much the same can be said of all rhythm styles.
As one of the middle aged fraternity I loved the music, and styles of the Beatles back in the early 60's, and rock when it was fresh and new,, but the latest garage etc with it's to me tuneless "melodies" and moronic rhythms - say no more. Soreee if I offend anyone

Ogre

PS give my love to Brixton. Used to work at Pride and Sharks on Saturdays as a part time motor cycle salesman. Are they still there?

#63298 - 11/14/03 12:16 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
What I meant was that the reference to vol 1, 2 and 3 had disappeared from the site.

you are quite wrong, the floppy disk versions are still there, the custom versions have never been put up yet, and nothing has been 'pulled' from the site.

#63299 - 11/15/03 10:38 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
ogre Offline

Just as well I've got an appointment with my optician next week ;o

ogre

#63300 - 11/15/03 11:43 PM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Hi Johnnie,
PS give my love to Brixton. Used to work at Pride and Sharks on Saturdays as a part time motor cycle salesman. Are they still there?

It was Pride & Clark & was in Stockwell Road
John Pride became chairman of Toyota UK

#63301 - 11/16/03 03:12 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Aint it a small world.. I also worked for Pride and Clark in the sixties (nineteen not eighteen) as Credit Controller. What a weird place that was..

Trevor

#63302 - 11/16/03 05:59 AM Re: Kn7 Website:" We've got an Early Xmas Present" ( Yipee)
ogre Offline

Ain't it just. I was there 1959/60. It was known as Pride and Sharks cos the salesmen were all shark orientated. I should know. Iwas one of them albeit only part time. Best not go on about - I might get sued....

Ogre

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online