SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#63182 - 10/08/04 01:43 PM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi All,

I live in Melbourne, Australia. I have a KN7000 with expansion boards 1 & 2. It has a 61-note MIDI controller keyboard and 30-note MIDI pedal manual interfaced to it so that it can be used as a full 2 manual organ. I also use the KN7000 as a stand alone unit when playing for our organ/keyboard clubs and sometimes elderly citizens. I am an amatuer and play mainly from sheet music or memory and just a little by ear. During 1991 I lived in Dorset, UK and in 1992, Maryland, USA. Also Lindoz one of my Great great grandfathers came from Gaevle in Sweden.

Cheers
Len C.

#63183 - 10/09/04 06:41 AM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi,
I am Cees Schenk and live in the Netherlands in a village Leiderdorp (about 25000 inhabitants). All the capital cities, like Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague are about 15/20 minutes cardrive. But I can hear you thinking, that's logic because Holland is such a small country... Long, long time ago I played the guitar. That's why the great guitarsounds in the KN7 are my favorites. I had the whole range of Technics (from AX7 till KN7). I strictly play from musicsheets. I like messing around with the KN7, mostly to get grip/understand in its possibilities, as sometimes I like it a challenge to make own styles. Mostly in combination with my other interest: the computer(musicsoftware and the KESO-site) and midi and the KN7. The playingskills of course suffer due to the fiddling around. But as a pure amatuer nobody cares I guess.
Ohh I must not forget to point at: it is a misunderstanding that Holland is only tulips, windmills and farmers in national costumes on wooden shoes. That image is only for the tourist(-industry)
Nice to read the other posts,
cheers,
Cees

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 10-09-2004).]

#63184 - 10/09/04 07:45 AM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Hi
Just adding my location Im In Belfast
N.Ireland,use a KN2600 like Lindoz Im pro
Work in Recording studios and Television.
Have just finished scoring a short film,
I have lots of different sound modules but for the film I used the Kn2600 accordion sound.

Cheers Barry

#63185 - 10/09/04 10:01 AM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
My Name is Giovanni , i was born in Trieste Italy .I have lived most of my 56years in Norwich Norfolk England .
I play as a semi pro " The Concerto " digital /acoustic midi accordion linked to a KN7000 keyboard .

I also have an Elka Vox 83 midi accordion linked to a smac 1200 module .

so I'm spoilt for choice so to speak !!!!
Are there any other midi accordion players out there in the forum ????????????

Keep up the good work .

Giovanni

#63186 - 10/09/04 10:23 AM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
My Name is Giovanni , i was born in Trieste Italy .I have lived most of my 56years in Norwich Norfolk England .
I play as a semi pro " The Concerto " digital /acoustic midi accordion linked to a KN7000 keyboard .

I also have an Elka Vox 83 midi accordion linked to a smac 1200 module .

so I'm spoilt for choice so to speak !!!!
Are there any other midi accordion players out there in the forum ????????????

Keep up the good work .

Giovanni

HI Giovanni,
We welcome you to our forum as a new poster. Do you currently live in England?
There are some digital Accordion players in the General Arranger forum here in the Synthzone. Post a request there for a response. I think one or two of the guys post here in the Technics Forum.
My accordion is not digital but is a great Soprani with 10 sets of reeds and internal mic, but hasn't been out of the case for a few years. I have great accordions to play in the KN7000 and it doesn't hurt my shoulders
Best to you and welcome
Bebop, Retired moderator of the Technics Forum

#63187 - 10/09/04 12:30 PM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Bebop , I love that name !! Yes I live in Norwich England , I'll take your advice and also look on the general arranger forum .
I may play the accordion but I'm a "TECHNICS BOY " I think the sounds and styles of the Technics are just great !!
When I do gigs and play for strict tempo dances ,people are really impressed with the "wall of sound" coming from my "squeeze Box" and the big band sound .
I'm reborn (so to speak) musically since I discovered "midi" and of course the Technics sound !!!!

Hi Tony in the USA ,I visited NewYork in June for one week this year and i tried to see as much as possible of your great city .and yes I took the Staten Island ferry . I've attended the Las Vegas accordion convention for the last for 4 year's and my first tripto the USA was especially to see and hear the Concerto digital /acoustic/midi accordion. I then had one shipped to my home in England .
It's a great instrument but when the Kn 7000 is hooked up ...........WOW !!!!!!!!
It's great that you met your wife at an Accordion school !!!!
I know more American accordionist than English Accordionist . Everyone is so friendly at the Las Vegas Convention .
Even the star's such as Dick Contino, Tony Lovello, Myron Floren , Art Van Damme , Frank morocco .Peter Soave .

Regards ...........Giovanni

#63188 - 10/09/04 04:15 PM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
MrEd Offline

Although I don't have a Technics (yet), I have been considering it. I've been enjoying reading thru everyone's input here and it increases my interest in the Technics.

Ted, I too, like Tony, wish I had a better ear (or 2) for playing the music.

Andy, thanks for the website link. I will be visiting more often.

I got interested in Technics while taking some accordion lessons about a year ago. My teacher had a KN6000 series in the lesson room. It was new to him and every now and then, he would be fooling around with it when I came in for a lesson. As time went on, the more I heard out of it, the more I liked it.

Giovanni earlier today, I was thinking about starting a thread into accordions.
I played the Iorio 'H' synth-accordion years ago, and have an Excelsior Digisyzer with miditran function. I am a fan of every accordion player that you listed and many more. I constantly look for new accordion/player sites.

I don't want to tie up this forum with accordion chat but if somene doesn't beat me to it, I'll get around to opening an accordion-related thread and accordion talk can continue.

Best Wishes to everyone in your music and playing.

Ed

#63189 - 10/09/04 09:12 PM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
This has been such a delightful thread to read, and I appreciated hearing about other "ear" players like myself, as well somewhat amused by the envy you non-ear players have expressed. Ironic, because I have always envied those of YOU who can read music, and take a piece of paper with funny symbols (notes) written on it, and transfer it to the keyboard as beautiful music. I guess we all have different "gifts" in the musical world.

Did I ever mention that I never knew I was "gifted" until about 10 years ago? I never had had an occasion to play an instrument, but I did sing a bit and could always harmonize by ear. So, when I discovered that I could sit down, pick out melodies, and then, soon after, also play chords along with the melodies, it came as a surprise to me--still does. Perhaps the funniest part of it all--at least to all my more talented musical friends--is that I find it almost impossible to play in the key of C!! My favorite key is F, next is Eb, then Ab, then Bb. Keys with sharps are more difficult for me. Can I explain my "gift"? No way, but I love and cherish the ability to be able to play the myriad melodies that flood my brain.

And I have also enjoyed the lists of songs you have included in another thread here in the forum for me to try to play--songs I love but just didn't think of.

How delighted I am to have met all of you, too, through this wonderful Forum, to share this joy we all have.

Thank you BEBOP, for starting this lovely thread which is getting longer and longer. Such fun!!!!!

Deep affection to you all!

Ted

#63190 - 10/10/04 10:06 AM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
Hi All; I'm orginally from Coraopolis, PA - near Pittsburgh -. Spent some time in the Air Force and ended in Spokane, WA at Fairchild AFB. For yhe past 30+ years have been in Salem, OR. Started with the KN3000 and now have the KN700.

#63191 - 10/10/04 12:16 PM Re: WHERE ARE YOU LOCATE???
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Ted,

All of my family played by ear(so did the Beatles).Music is what counts not how you do it.I must agree with you on this forum it is genuine.I have only one other forum I log on to and this one for technics help is as good as it gets.
So ted keep makin music .

Cheers Barry

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online