SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63149 - 05/23/03 05:34 PM 'Error' on KERS??
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi forummers,
I received recently 2 mails in which I was told that certain Personal Pages of the guestplayers did not load well. I have checked them all, but it seems OK on my computer?
I anybody could try to check the KERS-site please? If something is wrong, would you be so kind to reply on this post and please report which site will not load?
Thanks in advance,
greetings
Cees
P.S. KERS-site adress is: http://home.hccnet.nl/cees.els

#63150 - 05/24/03 04:00 PM Re: 'Error' on KERS??
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
All load OK for me Cees

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63151 - 05/24/03 04:49 PM Re: 'Error' on KERS??
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Cees;

I found out that if you load a number of different performers on one disk only a few will take but if you stick to one performer it is ok.

I downloaded a couple of Bill Norrie songs mine and Walt Meyers on one disk and Walts were missing. I then went back and downloaded only Walts files on one disk and they all took.

Great site. Lots of good music at our beck and call. Keep up the good work and thanks for all your efforts.

Alex

#63152 - 05/25/03 12:54 AM Re: 'Error' on KERS??
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Cees,
your pages looks great and also works well
when navigate.
Really nice layout, well done.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#63153 - 05/25/03 01:19 AM Re: 'Error' on KERS??
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi folks,
thanks for checking it out. Glad to hear all works well and thanks for your compliments.
I guess the possible 'individual' problems are maybe caused by individual settings of the computer of the visitor. Sometimes people forget to use F5 for refressing/reloading there harddiskcache. Then sometimes the new added songs are not on their monitor.

Alex, the problem you pointed at is of an other order. As you know Technics allows 20 files on a disk, numbered as 01XXXXXX.XXX till 20XXXXXX.XXX. The files on KERS are mostly not numbered in a certain structure. So, when you downloaded and unzipped some files to e.g. a disk a you could have 2/3 files on that disk starting with 02XXXXXX.XXX. On the KN7 display you however see only 1 songtitle on that 02-place. So you have to decide: renaming of pay attention when unzipping the songnummers and the songs that are on the disk.
I have thought about this 'problem' by starting the KERS-site, but related to the Technics-structure I accept there is no alternative.
Thanks again and happy keyboarding
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexGreen:

Hi Cees;

I found out that if you load a number of different performers on one disk only a few will take but if you stick to one performer it is ok.

I downloaded a couple of Bill Norrie songs mine and Walt Meyers on one disk and Walts were missing. I then went back and downloaded only Walts files on one disk and they all took.

Great site. Lots of good music at our beck and call. Keep up the good work and thanks for all your efforts.

Alex

#63154 - 05/25/03 08:59 PM Re: 'Error' on KERS??
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Alex,
As Cees pointed out, if you have more than one file on the floppy that starts with 01, the KN7000 will only "see" the first file of all the 01's. As an example if you had a total of twenty songs on a floppy, five starting with 01, ten starting with 02, four starting with 03, and one starting with 04, you would only see four songs on the KN7000 screen. Of course a "song" would consist of 3 three or more files depending on how they were saved. To see and be able to load them all, you would have to renumber them which is not hard on the PC if you have a program like CKrename. Go to: http://www.musicsucks.com/CKSoft/CKRename/
This is an easy to use program and is free.
The latest version is 1.08
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 05-25-2003).]

#63155 - 05/26/03 02:01 AM Re: 'Error' on KERS??
Mike ORegan Offline

You don't really need a program to rename files - just right mouse click, then RENAME. Be careful to have a 2-digit number as the first two, otherwise your keyboard will be confused and refuse to recognise the files.

#63156 - 05/26/03 07:20 AM Re: 'Error' on KERS??
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Mike, you're right. It's just that CKrename will do batch processing instead of having to do each component of a song one at a time.
Makes it quicker and easier.
Walt

#63157 - 05/27/03 04:36 PM Re: 'Error' on KERS??
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
One of our friends on this forum, wrote a utility for doing this job. I know I've got a copy of it somewhere but darned if I can find it. It was a splendid little program and very easy to use. Anyone remember who wrote it, what it was called and where it can be downloaded ?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online