SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61290 - 01/13/06 08:06 AM New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have started a new Tyros 2 Email and newsletter if anyone here is interested and has or intends to purchase a Tyros Keyboard.
Details are in the Tyros Forum at: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum39/HTML/000096.html
32 members as of dark tonight Jan 19,06
thanks,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 01-19-2006).]

#61291 - 01/16/06 06:56 PM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
I have started a new Tyros 2 E-mail and newsletter.

Well bully old man but this is a forum for musicians who appreciate the quality of sound authenticity and reproduction found in the keyboards of our choice. Construction quality also is of great value for the person of discernment. The above is fast disappearing and will soon only be a dream in the minds of many fine musicians. Noise for the masses by purveyors of it in the pursuit of money for the producers is the bottom line of society in their quest for mediocrity.

I know you have the right to pimp your Tyros on this forum as your buddy did awhile back but I also have the right to say I think it is in bad taste as I did at that time with Scotty. I might say Bebop, your offering of music on your Tyros 1+1 aside from being out of place on a technics forum is a prime example of poor instrument reproduction of sound authenticity. I am still not sure what kind of a trumpet that was or if it even was a trumpet. At lower volumes it sounded like it could even be a trombone played out of range or a bad instrument. If you would like to compare real quality with that of the Yamaha offering listen to many of Cee’s offerings on his sight. If you would care to listen to real sound reproduction and a master of technique of them, listen to Larry’s fine interpretations of music played on one of the last remaining examples of true quality electronic digital music keyboards.

Second rate reproduction is not what this forum is all about so please spare us from listening to it. If I would somehow digress to liking that kind of instrumental reproduction I have the ability to push the button to the Yamaha Arranger Keyboard Forum. Thank you very much.

Grandpa and his sidekick Ruthie

#61292 - 01/17/06 09:30 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Golly

Peter

#61293 - 01/17/06 09:42 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Applause for Grandpa and Ruthie his sidekick

Jack

#61294 - 01/17/06 02:16 PM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi Grandpa

It's really great to see you back and to read your post again. I've always had
great pleasure to read your comments the way you write it, and also admire that
you dare to say what many others don't, even if they happen to have similiar
point of views at different issues.

Keep'em coming.... and bring my regards to Ruthie.

Happy Playing & Posting!
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#61295 - 01/18/06 03:16 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Baz Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Well said Grandpa there is too much headhunting going on.

Baz

#61296 - 01/18/06 03:40 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
sturgeon Offline

I agree completely with Grandpa! My reasons are:-

1. After careful research into features and build quality I have just bought a (s/h)KN2600 to replace a Yamaha and really don't want or need to have the Tyros 2 sold to me.

2. A friend is on his 3rd Tyros 2 in 4 or 5 weeks as two of them have broken down. His show opens on Saturday coming and I wouldn't want to be in his shoes with a reliability record like that hanging over me like an Albatross!

Cheers,

s.

#61297 - 01/18/06 04:33 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Grandpa,

A voice from the past. Good to hear from you and hope you will post more often.

As you have read, we are having another East Coast Jam in Florida. I wish it were possible to have a Jam that all members of this forum could attend. What a pleasure it is to meet and put a face and personality to the messages we have read.

Say hi to the boss.......Ruthie

Fran in SC

#61298 - 01/18/06 05:24 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
GRANDPA DOUG !!! ... I was wondering what was going to make you re-appear ... apparently BeBop fanned the flame ...

I sincerely hope you and Ruthie are well ...

As for BeBop and his TY2, since I've posted some of my 'technics' stuff on the Gen Arranger AND Yamaha forums on this board, I don't have a problem with him posting here ...

Look at it this way ... with the MOST unfortunate discontinuance of new boards by technics, at some point some of the folks around here may have to get another brand, as much as they may LOVE their current technics ... this gives them a chance to hear what other boards do (or don't do) ...
On the other hand, hearing what comes out of some other boards may serve to make technics owners appreciate even more the beautiful instrument they have ...

PLUS, BeBop has been a STRONG supporter of technics , the former website, and this forum as well, ... he has a new toy, is enjoying it, and wants to share his joy ... I say let him have his fun ...
t.

#61299 - 01/18/06 07:00 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I'll second that Tony. I hate to even think about it but you are quite right, there WILL come a day when we will have no choice and "forewarned is forearmed" as the saying goes At least this way, may be, just may be, Yamaha and others might learn somethings from our comments.

Hopefully.

Aud (U.K.)

#61300 - 01/18/06 01:39 PM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
kn7 Offline

Grandpa Doug,

I give you 99.3% on your reply. Gunnar Jonny said and I quote, "I've always had
great pleasure to read your comments the way you write it, and also admire that
you dare to say what many others don't..." So, let me be one to speak out what others might not say. Over the years, you have rambled on about nothing in many of your posts. We all know "Ruthie" better than you do by her name being mentioned so many times. I am not saying that all your posts haven't been of some interest, just many that were not only way too long but pointless. Now that I have said it - onward.

You answered well to BEBOP's lonely frustration of missing the fine KN forum. He is lost in a second rate keyboard that others on the forum have considered being so. He probably is thinking strongly that he made a wrong move by joining a sinking ship that starts with a "T" named Tyros. I believe there was another ship many years ago that started with a "T" that bellied up soon after it launched. Let's see, what was the name of that ship? Oh, yeah! It was the Titanic.

I predict that BEBOP will sell his new toy for whatever he can get for it and reregister under BEBOP 2. I don't think he would register as Tyros 2. BEBOP has too much of an ego to stay away from the KN forum - he's addicted to it.

kn7

#61301 - 01/19/06 01:32 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I don't mind who makes 'em - so long as they are just like the operating system and quality of sound etc of the Technics range.
There is just nothing to beat the KN7000.
Rog

#61302 - 01/19/06 04:02 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I am not one of your group[KN owner], but I did not see a problem with Bebop's post...He started with "If anyone is interested"...

Your fine line of Technics keyboards are out of production...this is going to force Technics people to eventually purchase another line..You all will have to have an open mind and see what the other guys[Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Gem, Ketron] have to offer...

I am not a Tyros fan[anyone that knows of me, already knows that], but it is Yamaha's best effort in arranger[portable] keyboards..It has a lot of great features[as the KN7000]..It is not for everyone...I for sure...but it sure won't be a sinking ship...I don't know the numbers, but I would guess it has outsold all of the competitors models..The original Tyros probably outsold the entire KN line, with just this model[I am sure this is true in the US]..

There is nothing wrong riding our favorite keyboard into the sunset[I am doing it with my G1000]...but there is no wrong in being educated about the models being manufactured, that are better than our out of production boards..

I think it is unfair to jump on Bebop, it isn't like he hasn't contributed here...maybe we all need a reality check once in a while....

Now let me get back to the only arranger keyboard I need ......Tyros, NOT...

#61303 - 01/19/06 04:28 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Fran C,

Amen

Fran D

#61304 - 01/19/06 05:04 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
[B][/B]

.... ditto .... (except I AM a 'techie' )

t.

#61305 - 01/19/06 07:51 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
In a German magazine there was a interresting line,The brass sounds are made by a former Technics engineer....for the Tyros 2 !

Arno,

[This message has been edited by Impuls (edited 01-19-2006).]

#61306 - 01/19/06 09:36 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
BEBOP,

I have 4 words for you. THANKS FOR THE WARNING!

S

#61307 - 01/19/06 10:44 AM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
since there is no more technics made bebop tried several others out before he made his decission to get his T2,it was his choice,i have not seen the T2 or tried it, i still have my updated Kn6000 wich i rarely play any more, i just love my PA 1X pro, wich is a totaly different then technics, so bebop send me the link to the T2 forum so i can look in there every once in a while , i belong to several forums not only korg, i learn a lot from all of them,Bebop hope you enjoy your board as i do mine ,so keep on playing, best regards to all you players, BENNO

#61308 - 01/19/06 06:47 PM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Benno Kattenat:
since there is no more technics made bebop tried several others out before he made his decission to get his T2,it was his choice,i have not seen the T2 or tried it, i still have my updated Kn6000 wich i rarely play any more, i just love my PA 1X pro, wich is a totaly different then technics, so bebop send me the link to the T2 forum so i can look in there every once in a while , i belong to several forums not only korg, i learn a lot from all of them,Bebop hope you enjoy your board as i do mine ,so keep on playing, best regards to all you players, BENNO

Beno, just double click on this url and you are in the Tyros forum here in the synthzone: http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=39&SUBMIT=Go
Bebop

#61309 - 01/31/06 02:53 PM Re: New Tyros 2 Email list and Newsletter
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Bebop,

Enjoy ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online