SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#61005 - 06/09/05 03:44 AM Re: Struggling with the type of music I play
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
'I use them when the style is custom made for the song'
That's exactly my point Bernie - there are loads and loads of style files that enable real live playing which are custom made for the song (many many songs in fact) - and even Midis can be converted into style files so that you can actually play the song live with both hands...
A midi is useful when you are playing another instrument at the same time - otherwise you tend to run out of hands (and feet!)
Rog

#61006 - 06/09/05 11:23 AM Re: Struggling with the type of music I play
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Rog
I prefer using styles,myself,for a couple of reasons. One has more flexability for one thing.If one is playing backup to a vocalist,or if there is any need to pause.
The second reason is pure ego. I like to play as much of the song as possible to lend some degree of personal authenticity.

Having said that, I also want to bring as much recognizable elements to the song,including proper instrumentation and,above all,a beat and accompaniment as close to the original as possible.

Unfortunately,unlike yourself, I don't own EMC software to convert the good Yamaha styles. I,also,do not possess the skill,or the patience to make my own. Therefore,sometimes there is a tradoff.

Cheers
Bernie aka/Cheeky Boy

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online