SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60039 - 02/11/05 04:15 PM ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
technicsplayer Offline

Off and on there have been constant requests for a KN7000 version of this old warhorse. Recently we had another resurgence of interest so I decided to do something about it and consequently went for this stroll down memory lane.

Incidentally, the “Getting The Most From Your KN7000” is an independent volume with minimal duplication of the earlier book.

At the risk of endlessly repeating the “How Do I Do That” book was written for KN6000/6500 years before the KN7000 came out and that should be remembered always. However the great majority of contents are perfectly applicable to the KN7000, perhaps more so now.

Because the presets and particularly the Easy Composer library changed on the later machine some of the practical step by step exercises were still valid to learn the editing functions but no longer gave the desired results on the KN7000 in terms of a musical pattern or pad compared to the KN6000/6500 for which they were designed. The editing tutorials which showed how to use many functions of composer, pads, sequencer and sound edit... creating 8 measure patterns etc, using note edit, step record, apc to smf convert, how to use the sequencer to edit composers and pads etc, were still applicable but just needed small changes to work well and produce worthwhile results providing satisfaction on the KN7000.

So I have made a data set which enables owners to perform ALL of the practical step by step exercises on the KN7000 and get good results by providing the correct start conditions as if on KN6000/6500. In addition there is an archive of those KN6000/6500 creations where they are different to the KN7000 results and all the results of the new styles, pads and sounds workshops once completed on the KN7000.

The data comes in 2 versions with a colour adobe document you can keep the file with your pc version or print it out to slip in your book.

The first zip is a self extracting floppy. Use the floppy, or copy it to an empty folder on your SD card with the SD Tools menu. If you have a Mac mention it and a suitable version will be sent.

The second zip is a SD backup you can restore to the blank supplied 8MB card, or merge to the end of your existing SD card. This has everything ready named for you.

To obtain your preferred version send a mail to Walt Tenay at keybstud@sc.rr.com

Walt also has the slideshows I made about the books to play and view in your KN7000 or 6000/6500.

I think that about wraps it up.

Oh! One more thing... this update’s free

#60040 - 02/11/05 04:23 PM Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
You've done it again Alec - You're a Star Many thanks for your continued excellent support to all of us on this forum.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60041 - 02/11/05 06:06 PM Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks Alec, your unbelievable.

I have 3 questions

1. Is this an addition to the original 6000/6500 "How Do I Do That" book

2. Is the original 6000/6500 "How Do I Do That" book required to make sense of the 7000 .pdf ?

3. Is your original 6000/6500 "How Do I Do That" book still available ?

Sidebar: Your Book "Getting The Most From The KN7000" is awsome!

Thanks For Everything
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60042 - 02/11/05 11:46 PM Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Excellent, very very much appreciated by me and I am sure by all of us. Joan

#60043 - 02/12/05 01:16 AM Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hi Alec,
Although now not a Technics owner but still a frequent reader of the board,I would like to add my thanks for all the help and solid contributions you have made to myself personally and to the Forum over such a long period. You are truely a one off,your commitment is a lesson to us all.
Best Regards Gilbert.

#60044 - 02/12/05 04:40 AM Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alec,

Many thanks for your continued support. Bill is right........you are a star.

Fran in Florida

#60045 - 02/12/05 06:32 AM Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Thanks Alec!!! You're great! (as ususal)

It was really wonderful for you to spend your time updating that for us.

My email is off to Walt, hope in all my excitement I got the address right. I don't think I can mess up with copy/paste.

Marilyn

[This message has been edited by Marilyn Boissoneault (edited 02-12-2005).]

#60046 - 02/12/05 10:39 AM Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
Alec

Just a quick word of thanks for this latest effort as well as the extremely helpful work over the past ----- years. I have referred to your previous publications more than any other reference documents I own. Your efforts are VERY much appreciated.

Lanny

#60047 - 02/12/05 11:00 AM Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
technicsplayer Offline

thanks for the thanks, Folks! I just thought it would tidy things up in a full circle

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
I have 3 questions

Larry, yes to all three, but you've got the floppy nevertheless.

You can print the update out to keep in the book. Only one workshop chapter needed a new set of 7000 data input, which is provided. All the rest just needed a slight tweak or different value here and there which is all indexed to the pages they refer to.

If on the pc screen you arrange the update adobe behind and to the left of the book adobe, the page index in the update is visible when scrolling the book adobe to alert when to refer to the update.

Walt tells me it still gets sold after all this time.

I made a rather nice colour adobe of the book for him which is avaialable at lower cost, you can read on the pc screen but cannot print it out. This is because we discovered the ebay person who had bought one book but then sold five!

Quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
Hi Alec, Although now not a Technics owner....

Verily, there will be great rejoicing when the prodigal son comes home...

#60048 - 02/12/05 11:29 AM Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR “HOW DO I DO THAT” OWNERS WITH KN7000.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Alec,

Got your update and in technicolor to boot.

The floppy with editing results is the icing on the cake.

Fran in Florida

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online