SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#58332 - 12/08/02 10:20 AM Re: How Do You?????
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
l knew it, I just knew it. Where all the good stuff is that's where you'll find Alec with his finger in it.

Grandpa, not suprised, Doug

#58333 - 12/08/02 01:46 PM Re: How Do You?????
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Larry (and other interested members),
if you want to hear the beautifull organdemo, I've made an MP3-file which you can download from my homepage. Go to the synthzone-button, under KN7000-stuff.
Greetings,
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Perhaps someone would be so kind as to transfer these files into an MP3 so those who do not have, or are waiting for the 7000 to arrive can also listen
Thank You , Larry Hawk

#58334 - 12/08/02 03:36 PM Re: How Do You?????
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks to Cees for your work on this. You have enabled many of our members to hear this fine instrument and work, that do not yet have a KN7000 Keyboard. Maybe it will motivate them down to the local dealer to get their order in.
This sounds like Joey de Francisco and a tune he did a few years ago for Ensoniq. I have it in my EPS 16 plus sampler. I will have to play it and see if it is the same arrangement.
Thanks again
Bebop

#58335 - 12/08/02 05:44 PM Re: How Do You?????
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks Cees,
That was very impressive. (Are you sure that wasn't a Hammond B3?) After listening to the fine performace with the perfect jazz organ sound, I'm convinced my goal is the 7000 !
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#58336 - 12/09/02 02:34 PM Re: How Do You?????
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
The organdemo was impressive. I thought there was one single song on the file. I didn't click on the sequencersong-change. I'm glad that some member pointed me that there were 10! songs in the sequencer. Oh my oh my, my ears ( and I really ment my ears! ) had a lovely massage when I heard the other compositions too.
If time is on my side (and my homepage-space allows that) I will try to put them too coming weekend on my homepage in mp3-format. I will post this forum as soon I succeed in dooing this.
With musical greetings,
Cees.

#58337 - 12/09/02 04:39 PM Re: How Do You?????
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Cees,

I'm kind of glad you did not do all of the files at one time. I would not like to see Larrys ears bleeding and his tongue scraping the floor along with some of the other guys. My brother has and plays the Hammond. He is one of those purest types. My KN's have always been sort of toys in his opinion along with all keyboards. Now I think his purest ideas have become contaminated. The other day Jim and his wife came over and we plunked ourselves in the kitchen as always. After a while I snuck in the other room where my new 7 resides. Fired her up and ripped off a couple. In a few minutes drifting into my ears was: What the H, did he finally break down and get one? Then I see this six foot tall and three foot in diameter brother of mine ambling through the door. His expression, I don't have the command enough of the english language, to paint with words. The only other words I heard were: Lets go and play some pinocle. And that was that!

Grandpa Doug

#58338 - 12/10/02 01:50 AM Re: How Do You?????
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hey Doug, What's this 'Pinocle' ? ... Some kinda new fangled musical device??
Is it an Americanism or am I just higgorant?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#58339 - 12/10/02 11:21 AM Re: How Do You?????
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Bill,

What is Pinochle? A card game played by four players. Players sitting opposite each other are partners. Bidding one's hand is a key element of the game. The winning bidder names the trump suit of cards (Spades, Diamonds etc.) and a score is kept which determines the winning team. Counting cards played, especially trump cards, is also an essential element of the game. Actually, the game is often played by two players going head to head. Its a great game. Now Bill, please don't tell me you knew all of this beforehand and you were just pulling Grandpa Doug's leg when you asked "What is Pinochle". If that is the case I'm afraid I took the bait, hook, line, and sinker! Ha!

Cheers, Chuck

#58340 - 12/10/02 12:14 PM Re: How Do You?????
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Chuck, Howya Doin' ? No I wasn't joking - your description sounds very like a card game called Bridge or maybe Whist.
How can someone even think about playing cards, when such a beautiful instrument is available in the next room ?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#58341 - 12/10/02 03:01 PM Re: How Do You?????
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Bill,

I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking. I was over your way today doing some shopping at RAF Menwith Hill near Harrogate. Very windy and cold as you know. Brrrr!

Yes, I believe the game of Pinochle is similar to Bridge, but never having played Bridge, I cannot confirm it.

I can tell from the posts that all of you who have the KN7000 are thoroughly enjoying the instrument. The comments from all over our Technics (read SynthZone/Technote forum) world have been positive. By the time the KN8000 (or maybe KN7500?) hits the shops, I'll be ready to buy.

By the way, a deck of Pinochle cards are quite different from a standard deck of playing cards. A Pinochle deck consists of six cards in each suit: 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace, if my memory is any good. It has been at least 35 years (maybe more) since I played the game. Grandpa Doug can confirm it I'm sure.

And while I'm here I want to say another "thank you" to you, John (North), for giving me the carrying case for my KN6000. I see you have another set of songs for download - KN7000 only, of course. Wish I could hear your compositions because you play so well, but I'll be satisfied with those you created earlier on the KN6000 until I upgrade when the next generation becomes available.

All of you great forum friends take care!

Warm Regards, Chuck

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online