SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#55816 - 09/30/02 11:29 AM Now, here's a funny thing.
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
The computer crashed about 2 weeks ago and everything was lost, and it's nice to be back with you all. There must have been an awful lot of old rubbish 'cos it's now working like Speedy Gonzalez.... Now this is indirectly related to KN matters but please read on.
Against what is turning out to be very sound advice I decided to give AOL a whirl and this is what happened. After installation I asked my old server to talk me thru re-installing with them and was told NO WAY. The AOL system won't allow any other server to work with it.
The next thing was when trying to send some song files to Bebop, and in testing the AOL system first by sending then to my email address,only one file arrived. AOL tell me that their email attachment system will only allow one file to me sent per email and said I would have to send the 21 files for 3 songs on 21 emails. I'm sure Bebop would be happy to work with such deliveries, as would I. Has anyone else experienced these problems with AOL and is there anyway of resolving the last problem - otherwuse AOL will go.

Answers please (if any) by 7th October before the free trial period runs out.

Peter.

PS I was well on my way to ordering a KN7000 and then forgot both my wife's birthday........ and wedding anniversary for the 45th time (yeah it's that long. Give it another week or so for the dust to die down and here's hoping.

#55817 - 09/30/02 12:25 PM Re: Now, here's a funny thing.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I tried AOL when I first went online from home, about 4 years ago and found it very restrictive. Decided to remove it and use another ISP and browser - that wasn't too easy. In my opinion, you would be Well Rid This is only my personal experience, but I'm sure you will get some more

Missing the two most important dates in a marriage eh? Naughty, Naughty - You do realise that this is a Hanging Offence

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 09-30-2002).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#55818 - 09/30/02 12:48 PM Re: Now, here's a funny thing.
technicsplayer Offline

zip 'em up into one file

#55819 - 09/30/02 01:11 PM Re: Now, here's a funny thing.
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I agree with Alec and Bill. Zip your files for quick and easy transport and go with another mailbox. I use hotmail.com because it's free and problem free, but they limit your message to 1.2 meg. Otherwise, try cable broadband if it's in your area. For the few extra bucks, its the only way to fly!

#55820 - 09/30/02 01:45 PM Re: Now, here's a funny thing.
ogre Offline

Oh Alec, verifly thou art my saviour, my hero and no doubt handsome to boot but I suspect you may look a bit fishlike with all the sardines you must eat to have such genius. It's so simple and it works. AOL automatically zips up attachments, and it's a bit weird that you first zip up the file in the normal way and then AOL zips it up again.
Thinks, with such talent perhaps if you spoke to my wife she might relent a bit earlier. After all I did remember twice in 47 years, the first anniversary and then sometime in the sixties, which with my memory is not too bad a record.......

Actually Bill and Bud this emailing of attachments is the first real problem I've had with AOL so I'll give them until the last day of the free trial before making up my mind. No cables in this area - or broadband...

Thanks fellas,

Peter

#55821 - 09/30/02 07:21 PM Re: Now, here's a funny thing.
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Why not go out NOW and buy birthday and anniversary cards and/or presents for NEXT year? Just remember where you hide them. And remember that you did buy them. Alternatively ask a son or daughter to remind you before each event. Hope you get your KN7000 before this time next year!

Mike

#55822 - 10/01/02 10:57 AM Re: Now, here's a funny thing.
ogre Offline

Mike,
I've tried doing that for the past few years but can never remember where I've hidden them ..... Fraid I'm beyond hope.

Peter shocked

#55823 - 10/01/02 12:07 PM Re: Now, here's a funny thing.
Dan Hanson Offline

Loc: Sumterville, Fl. USA
Maybe you could get her a 7000 for her birthday/anniversary. Might work!

#55824 - 10/02/02 02:31 AM Re: Now, here's a funny thing.
ogre Offline

Can't wait that long - another year! Have to rely on using whatcharm Ihave left.

Peter

#55825 - 10/02/02 03:46 AM Re: Now, here's a funny thing.
technicsplayer Offline

play very badly, mumbling all the time "tsck... this keyboard's finally worn out"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online