SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55574 - 10/26/04 12:45 PM KN6500 hard disk / PC /SD card
vitesse Offline

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Hi,
I know Technics produced a hard disk for the KN6000/6500 but it now seems to be unavailable. I also remember it's very expensive.

Does anyone know where I might find a used one ? I basically need to store all my 100's of registrations etc. I would love the SD card on the KN7000 but I cannot afford to upgrade.

Does anyone have details of the PC link from the 6.5K and can this be used for this sort of purpose or is it simply a MIDI type interface?

Any help would be appreciated as I cannot find much info now on these keyboards on the 7000.

Thanks

Stephen

#55575 - 10/27/04 03:10 AM Re: KN6500 hard disk / PC /SD card
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi,
Try the www.keysoftservice.ch and read on the english site.

Lindoz

#55576 - 10/27/04 07:21 AM Re: KN6500 hard disk / PC /SD card
Catsailor Offline

Stephen,

Technote used to carry the hard drives for the KN6500. That's where I got mine. Don't know if they still do. Haven't seen any used ones for sale. You might try doing an Internet search for KN6500 and accessories. Also, on the back of the keyboard there's a plug that you can plug a computer into. Then there's a switch that you can place in either midi or computer. I don't know how well this works, I've only used the connection on midi. There isn't much in the way of an explanation of how to use it in the manual, but toward the back of the manual there is a small paragraph about the connector and switch. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online