SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55511 - 03/03/05 10:55 PM Getting bugs out of website. New version of In The Mood, New song: Summertime
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello
Just wanted to let you know I really, really appreciate the kind words and helpful comments on my new site. It has been some work. I don't remember these learning curves when I was younger. haha.

I wanted to thank the General Arranger, Technics and Yamaha Style gang, especially:

Gary Diamond,(BTW sorry I missed your call),
DonM for getting me to really listen, Mike (You are a wizard at that computer), Marcel, Gunnar Jonny, SemiLiveMusic, The old NewB, KFingers, Alone&Forsaken,captain Russ, tigerfool, exound, Joe Waters, Bob Gelman, Fran in Florida, Walt Meyer, Derek Munson,etc, etc.

You are a quite a gang. Don't know what I would have done without you. You are making my project a LOT easier to deal with.

I now have both speakers working. (haha. it really helps, you know, with this kind of work), my Mia 24/96 studio sound card is operating better (or is it me?) and I am back to my Sound Forge 5.0. I downloaded, understand and am successfully using LAME and Media Tagger.

So, anyway, I re-recorded In The Mood at 24/96, brought it back down to 16 bits, then used LAME to convert to an mp3 at 224 k-bits, then I used Media Tagger to add some info.

I think the sound of In The Mood is soooooo much cleaner. You can practically hear the reeds almost squeek in the woodwind section. I listed the new version at the top of my song list. The old version is under my picture and says "Test" under the song title, in case you want to hear what a difference this all makes.

I then recorded a new tune, Summertime. I did this one at 24/48, and went through the above process again. Again, the clarity of using these steps is well worth taking the extra steps.

Again many thanks to my great friends and helpers.

And especially my wife Jen, who I call my computer scientist. She BUILT this new computer for me for my latest endeavors. Wow, huh? And also for her patience with me as I ask the same questions over and over. And over. (I think that's what she said. I'll ask her to see if I got it right. haha)
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

Best
Scott Langholff

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 03-03-2005).]

#55512 - 03/04/05 07:13 AM Re: Getting bugs out of website. New version of In The Mood, New song: Summertime
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Scott,
Really sounds good now - I can fully appreciate the number of hours that you have spent getting a decent web site up and running.
Now, if only I could play as well as you do.
Best Regards,
Walt

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online