Music really is one of those thing that for some playing is a passion even if they are not really good at it and for some it may come and go.

Over the years I've been involved with different angles of music. I've written some(not great), I've recorded some(not big), I've played Guitar(not well), I was a sound engineer for a live christain group and a mobile DJ, yet I've never wanted to be a "PRO".
My partner played Trumpet in High School, has 3 guitars right now and tried in the 70's to sell her music in Nashville. Yet today she seldom plays anything. She just bought an Electric/Acoustic Ovation in the hopes that it would rekindle her music spirit and she's played with it maybe twice.

I learned to play piano from my oldest brother in the 60's and now he can't play at all.

I think it's just something that in you and once you find the area you enjoy you stay with it or you just give it up.

The biggest problem with the Kid playing today is that they want the same kind of instruments they see in the groups they listen to (come to think of it so did I back then) but they have the disposal income to purchase them. And groups don't play KNs.

Heather

Heather