SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55122 - 03/04/03 07:13 PM How do I?
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
When I make a custom rhythm for a particular song by taking the intro and/or ending from one style and combining it with the main rhythm of a different style, many times the volume level of the intro is not the same as the main rhythm. This is particularly noticeable between a KN2000 intro and a KN7000 main rhythm.
I need suggestions as to the best way to alter the overall volume, up or down, of just the intro or ending so that the whole combination can be saved with the corrected levels.
Walt

#55123 - 03/05/03 05:54 AM Re: How do I?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Walt, When you are editing a style in the composer, if you set the individual part volumes using 'Part Balance' it sets the levels for all sections of the style ie Intros, Endings, Vari 1, Vari 2 etc. globally, so this won't solve your problem. However, if you use the 'Part Settings' option, you can then carry out individual balancing of all the constituent parts (drum1, drum2, bass, accomp1 etc) of each individual section of the style. In the 'Part Setting' window, you will see a column headed 'Balance' where the levels of the constituent parts of the selected section (Intro 1, Intro 2, Vari 1) can be changed between '0' and '-127' 0 is maximum level and -127 is minimum level. Before editing your style again, it is probably worthwile noting the individual level settings, in 'Part Setting' for your style Variations 1,2,3,4 and then comparing them with the settings which have been brought over in your Intros. It will be very much a 'suck it and see' process, but satisfying when you get it right

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#55124 - 03/05/03 10:28 AM Re: How do I?
Walt Meyer Offline

Thanks Bill,
Just the information I needed. That's just one of the items that is not explained very well in the Keyboard manual -- can't wait to receive the new book.
Walt
ps: still working on the EMail problem.

#55125 - 03/06/03 03:29 AM Re: How do I?
zeerog Offline

Loc: bredene / wvl / belgium
Just a word on the manual - i love my kn 7000 very mutch but the manual is " s . . . ." if you know what i mean! If you buy a televion you recieve a decent manual with everiting explained! So why not with a keyboard of over 4000 euro? Why must we open are pockets again to buy an other manual! it's insane!

#55126 - 03/06/03 04:29 AM Re: How do I?
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Roger,
i understand your feelings; about the quality of the manual of Technics has been enough said. I'v had all the KN's and its manuals has been of the same bad 'educational' quality. Aparently Technics' salesstrategy is not making this as a important point. They let this happens in the economic market for others participants.
The positive side is that the company focus themselves on making a good keyboard, in which they succeeded ('core-business')!
I'v never yet met a person who didn't buy the Technics, because of the bad manual??? So, why the company would be worried? I even don't know if the manuals from other keyboard are even better (I doubt it)?
Beside you don't have to buy another manual, that's a decision you can made yourself, i guess ;-)
Another positive effect is that pherhaps this forum wouldn't exist if we had no questions to each other and we didn't had the possibility to meet nice, friendly and interesting people (I doubt if Technics is relying on this, or...?)
This was my short brainwave , best regards,
Cees ;-)

Quote:
Originally posted by zeerog:
Just a word on the manual - i love my kn 7000 very mutch but the manual is " s . . . ." if you know what i mean! If you buy a televion you recieve a decent manual with everiting explained! So why not with a keyboard of over 4000 euro? Why must we open are pockets again to buy an other manual! it's insane!

#55127 - 03/06/03 05:50 AM Re: How do I?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Cees,

I like your attitude and the way your brain works.

Grandpa Doug

#55128 - 03/06/03 06:03 AM Re: How do I?
Walt Meyer Offline

Gosh guys, I didn't mean to start the "Manual" war all over again.
I think that Cees has the right spin on the matter, however, If you are a first time keyboard purchaser, a more explicit manual would make a world of difference in getting started. I've used a KN2000 for many years now and I am still fighting the learning process on the KN7000. It was quite a "jump" and I almost feel, at times, like a first timer.
Thank goodness for this forum and the participants who take time to help each other. Love you guys!
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 03-06-2003).]

#55129 - 03/06/03 06:06 AM Re: How do I?
zeerog Offline

Loc: bredene / wvl / belgium
Thanks for your thoughts! ;-).

I have more than one keyboard and althoug the manuals are not perfect they are far better in explaining the basics! i have beiing to the frankfurt messe yesterday and i have learn quiet a few thing about the kn 7000 who lets my enjoy my keyboard mutch more. i dought if a better manual would make this forum usseles because there are always things and tricks to share. a better manual would make the learning curve match easyer for most of us and more enjoyable! Another thing is that i have to travel more than two hours to buy a manual because where i live there is no shop who want to distribute them. The same for the expansion wavecards - you first have to buy them if you like them or not! I have made a deal with a shop to order (buy the four cards) and to take two of them. I have got the oportunity to test al these cards at the frankfurt messe and a must say that the last to (card 3 and 4 ) are the best cards for someone who have the 7000. The worst i find the motion picture card (card 2). So i wil buy the 3 and the 4.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online